Data Insights & Automation Intern, Growth
About the Internship
The Driver Growth Team is in charge of Uber's supply growth across our DACH region, working hand in hand with various fleet partners, growing our business & expanding our services to new territories. As a Driver Growth intern, you will be in charge of the technical side of our Growth initiatives. You will be working closely with various cross functional teams, empowering data motivated decisions.
You will craft, implement and improve business critical processes, to scale our operations. Since fleets are the heart of our business, you will be working hand-in-hand with them, to build customer-centric solutions that improve their business & their earnings.
In addition, you will build and maintain healthy cross-functional relationships within the organization for smoother alignment and future opportunities.
What You'll Do
- Maintain and improve existing python automation which covers meaningful business processes for the whole DACH region.
- Utilize data in order to improve the ROI of our growth investments
- Automate and scale our lead generation channels to fuel our growth pipeline
- Shadow our key account team to gain first hand insights, how market is developing and what challenges we are facing
- Identify & build the products that our partners want
- Support comprehensive analytics requests such as driver lifecycle & churn analysis to ensure that we put in place the best initiatives to improve our funnel and support our growth
- Support different functions such as Business Development, Policy, Comms, Marketing and the Marketplace teams with data requests. This includes writing SQL queries, preprocessing and visualisation of the data.
- Provide senior management with regular project performance presentations, business cases and support in other critical ad-hoc topics
- Written and spoken fluency in English and at least business level German
- Currently enrolled or graduated in the last 6 months in a Masters or Bachelors degree
- Availability to work 6 months full time in 2021 starting August/September
- Working rights in Germany (No sponsorship available)
- Business Insight: Understanding and being fully aware of how our business operates and how it makes money and sustains profitable growth, now and in the future
- Communication: Using communication skills and situational awareness to clearly deliver information to a variety of audiences
- Planning and Organization: Setting up and maintaining systems to appropriately structure and keep track of tasks and projects
- Problem Solving: Effectively resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense
- Partner Management: Taking time to build helpful relationships; earning the trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability
- Teamwork: Demonstrates optimism, respects others and works well in a team
What You'll Need
- Passion for solving ambiguous and sophisticated problems
- Good grasp of programming fundamentals including shown experience of Python and SQL and a basic understanding of google sheets
- Currently enrolled in a Masters or Undergraduate degree
- End of studies internship favourable with previous internship experience in startups, analytics and/or consulting
- Written and spoken proficiency in English, German is helpful
- Availability for 6 months full time starting as soon as possible
- Work authorisation for Germany including student visa
Internships @ Uber
Perks & Benefits: We offer an above-average monthly internship allowance, Uber credits and much more!
You have the rare chance to create a global impact - we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics. We offer expansive mentorship from Uber employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber