Data Insights & Automations Intern, Marketplace
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
In the DACH Operations team, we seek to tackle wide-reaching regional problems with projects often involving analysing data sets and providing creative insights to reach groundbreaking solutions. We are seeking an intern who is excited to tackle the toughest problems, who possesses an excellent analytical mentality and a desire to automate business operation processes at scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In your future team, we specifically look at how to make the Uber Rides marketplace fast and reliable at the lowest possible cost. By diving into issues such as marketplace forecasting and efficiency, you will produce insights and recommendations to develop strategies for a healthy and balanced marketplace.
- Maintain and improve existing python automation which covers meaningful business processes for the whole DACH region.
- Assist product managers to evaluate and prepare the roll-out of a new product opportunity across DACH, including competitive analysis, pricing proposal, technical setup, internal alignment and overall project management
- Supporting different functions such as Business Development, Policy, Comms, Marketing, Driver Growth and the Marketplace teams with data requests. This includes writing SQL queries, preprocessing and visualisation of the data.
- You'll surface opportunities to drive operational excellence in the region and implement and execute processes to capitalise on these opportunities
- Provide insights to the German Marketplace Operations team - around marketplace-relevant processes and metrics, and product features performance
- Written and spoken fluency in English and at least business level German
- Currently enrolled or graduated in the last 6 months in a Masters or Bachelors degree
- Availability to work 6 months full time in 2021 starting August/September
- Working rights in Germany (No sponsorship available)
- Business Insight: Understanding and being fully aware of how our business operates and how it makes money and sustains profitable growth, now and in the future
- Communication: Using communication skills and situational awareness to clearly deliver information to a variety of audiences
- Planning and Organization: Setting up and maintaining systems to appropriately structure and keep track of tasks and projects
- Problem Solving: Effectively resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense
- Stakeholder Management: Taking time to build helpful relationships; earning the trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability
- Teamwork: Demonstrates optimism, respects others and works well in a team
- A prior internship experience working in a startup, tech company, or any kind of operations internship
- Good grasp of programming fundamentals including shown experience of Python and SQL and a good understanding of google sheets
INTERNSHIPS @ UBER
Perks & Benefits: We offer an above-average monthly internship allowance, Uber credits and much more! You have the rare chance to create a global impact - we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics.
We offer expansive mentorship from Uber employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber