Regional Operations Manager (Eater), Uber Eats - EMEA
On the Uber Eats Regional Operations team, we serve the business and local markets by helping scale our most impactful processes and initiatives, and drive innovation in the region. The Eater Operations team focuses on growing & retaining eaters on the platform by optimising aspects of acquisition, engagement & pricing!
Your role will require you to have a deep understanding of eater behavior and its dependencies on pricing. This would entail working closely with Marketing, Product, Finance & Country teams. This role is for someone who has experience in user growth operations, business growth, launch operations, pricing. Someone who is comfortable with data analytics, experimentation & is passionate about solving real world problems creatively & scalably.
What you'll do:
- Build and launch processes: You will be creating processes that optimise growth vs. spend and also work closely on sustainable pricing to build tools & process to optimise eater pricing.
- Work on product rollouts: You will work with the eater product team to experiment & rollout products in EMEA.
- Analytics: You will analyse Eater acquisition, engagement channels and create Dashboards to measure their performance.
- Data driven decision making: You will use data on a daily basis to lead your decision making, as well as to generate insights and recommendations.
- Stakeholder management & collaboration: You will build credibility and deliver value to the local operation teams, while collaborating with cross-functional teams in the EMEA HQ, Amsterdam (other Regional Operations teams, Strategy & Planning, Finance, Customer Support...).
What you'll need:
- At least 2-4 years of experience in Business Operations, Growth, Launch operations, Pricing and a strong analytical background - advanced analytical skills in SQL and Excel. .
- Understanding of marketplace dynamics, adapting to a constantly evolving work environment, in the context of a fast growing company.
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans and clearly present data to various audiences.
- Creative mindset that understands and enjoys experimental design.
- Good problem solving skills with an ability to structure the challenges we face into concrete action plans.
- Partner management skills with experience working in diverse, cross-functional and global environments.
- Proven project management skills with an ability to set up and manage processes or projects from the ground up.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber