Software Engineer II (Backend) - Inventory and Catalog Platform, Aarhus Denmark
About the Role
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. The Eats Engineering team in Denmark is responsible for building the product catalog and inventory system that powers the Uber Eats experience and related verticals, such as groceries. This is one of the foundational components of the Eats architecture, as it interfaces with merchants, powers our local graph, and serves recommendations to our customers. The system is designed to be highly-available and highly-scalable to support our global operation.
- Relevant degree (B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D) in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Enjoy building high quality software that is relied upon by millions of people around the world.
- Experience working in large scale distributed systems
- Experience with large-scale eCommerce or CMS systems
- Experience with user-data analytics and personalization
- Machine Learning Experience
- Batch and/or Streaming computation platforms
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion