Paralegal, Insurance Litigation
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. From how you get home from work, to how you eat meals, or how you move huge shipments of anything, the work we do is shaping the future of mobility and changing the way people live. To get there, we've brought together a collective of optimists and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
The Safety & Insurance Litigation team oversees and manages litigation and claims arising out of Uber's insurance policies. In doing so, the team works hand-in-hand with our insurance partners and outside counsel to drive solutions and innovate. The Safety & Insurance Litigation team also works across Uber's business teams to evaluate and manage risk. The team is currently searching for a Safety & Insurance General Liability Insurance Paralegal to provide crucial support to in-house attorneys. This role is based in Chicago, Illinois. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber?
What You'll Do
- Review, analyze, and respond to tort litigation in the United States and Canada
- Perform complex data analytics in a time-sensitive and confidential nature
- Consult and assist attorneys on specific case needs, particularly related to high exposure claims and litigation
- Apply advanced knowledge of highly complex legal concepts to support team
- Respond directly to requests from outside counsel and insurers
- Analyze, issue spot, and escalate inquiries when necessary
- Perform initial file management including fact investigation and preservation
- Analyze discovery for responsiveness, relevance and objections
- Review, categorize, organize, track, and maintain legal documents
- Minimum 3+ years of paralegal experience in either a defense firm or insurance company
- Minimum 4+ years of paralegal experience in either a defense firm or insurance compan
- Experience working on high exposure claims and litigation
- Background in product liability litigation and mass torts
- B.A./B.S. required, paralegal certificate preferred
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both on a team and independently
- Technical know-how with at least an intermediate level of computer skills, including a working knowledge of Google suite, Excel, Word, Adobe, Box and other web-based applications
- Experience working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to help out wherever needed
- E-Discovery background
- Experience with Salesforce
- Querying skills using SQL
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber