Customer Support Team Lead
About the Role
Customer Support Team Leads are skilled people leaders with a dedication to drive continuous process improvement. They directly manage and motivate 10-15 Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) responsible for providing the highest quality care in the smartest, most efficient way possible. Customer Support teams are at the forefront of our business, answering our community's questions and tending to their needs!
What You'll Do
- Directly lead, motivate, and develop CSRs to deliver on operational KPIs within a time-sensitive and demanding environment
- Offer guidance and support to your team by being present and approachable on the floor, answering questions, hosting weekly 1-on-1 and team meetings, and providing real-time feedback
- Audit your team's performance through ongoing analysis and use insights to highlight opportunities for improvement, additional training, or further review
- Ensure team compliance with company policies, including but not limited to attendance, dress, and behavior; document and escalate issues as required
- Create and distribute performance reports to management, senior leadership, and other stakeholders
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)--identify trending issues and guide CSRs do the same in their daily work
- Supervisory or leadership experience--You have a demonstrated ability to set team goals, drive accountability, develop talent, and stay calm through challenging situations
- Maintain a positive, can-do demeanor and encourage others to do the same
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You establish trust and effective working relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong time-management and organizational habits--You prioritize work effectively and drive multiple projects to completion at once
- Willingness to work weekends, occasional holidays, and outside a standard 8 to 5 shift schedule
- Experience managing people in customer support or service industry, or other high-volume production environment
- Bachelor's in Business, Communications, English, or Journalism
About the Team
This Customer Support Team Lead role sits within Uber's Center of Excellence (COE) in Chicago, IL. COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to Uber customers (riders, drivers, couriers, eaters, restaurants, etc.). Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, as well as to incubate support modalities and processes for new products and services. COEs pioneer how Uber manages support for customers around the globe.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber