Head of Customer Experience, Hong Kong and South Korea
About the Role
Uber is looking for a Head of Customer Experience for Hong Kong and South Korea. The role will be centered on scaling a support structure and optimising the customer experience across all support channels for the Rides and Eats businesses in Hong Kong and the Rides business in South Korea. You'll be scaling support in an innovative and cost effective way at a company that's growing rapidly and changing constantly.
Your mission is to deliver a world class experience for every interaction we have and do this in the most efficient way for our users under a rapid growth environment. This includes managing the overall operations, footprint strategy, channel strategy, owning the budget and managing to financial targets, delivering great customer satisfaction and managing strategic projects to support different business initiatives. The role combines all these facets as well as managing stakeholder relationships across the broader business to set the right expectations and deliver handsomely on them through a strong partnership with Operations and other key functions.
What You'll Do
- Lead the Community Operations team of Hong Kong and South Korea
- Own the strategy, business targets, operational targets and financial performance of the support organisation of the 2 markets
- Work with new age customer care providers to find new age solutions (e.g., chatbots)
- Navigate through a matrix organization and partner with the Ops management and Central CommOps management to deliver on a world class customer experience, support the fast growth of the markets, define and deliver on the business priorities for the region.
- Build trust with stakeholders and able to andle the expectations of senior business partners and tackle the difficult conversations, which might involve suggesting alternatives or pivoting vs the current direction
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics. Take charge of leadership, growth and development of a team of managers and senior managers.
- Listen attentively to the voice of our Uber community and use this feedback to inform decision making in the rest of the company
- Minimum 15 years of experience with at least 10 years in an Operational and Strategic leadership role. This must include experience in managing teams with overall ownership preferably in an international company
- Proven track record of excellent people management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide your teams through challenging managerial situations.
- A self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and resolve difficult problems.
- Proven record of teamwork and collaboration across cross-functional silos
- Good knowledge of next-generation customer experience technology, practices and processes
- A thought leader. You'll think through and implement the next phase of discontinuous improvements required in CommOps (e.g., how to bring discontinuous improvement in support costs, how to develop the team to support the hyper business growth model in the markets)
- A thought partner. You'll represent CommOps on the Hong Kong Leadership Team and will be a thought partner to the rest of HK leadership in delivering on the highest priority issues for the business (e.g., safety support, high value products rollout). You'll often need to think like a business leader rather than a function leader and go above and beyond your prescribed functional role to bring right impact to the business
- An inspiring leader. As the leader of a team, you'll inspire the team to perform at the highest levels while maintaining an enjoyable and passionate atmosphere. You will guide and develop the team and develop an inclusive culture
- An energetic, dynamic leader. You'll energise Operations stakeholders, CommOps APAC Central team and Product teams to deliver by thoughtfully making business cases for your tasks and rallying support for them.
- A calm and improvement-oriented leader. You'll be calm under pressure to handle crisis situations as they arise and use those opportunities to improve processes that need fixing. Irrespective of crises, you'll look for ways to continuously improve the way things are done and delivered
- A Strong problem solver. You'll solve tough problems related to operating models for CommOps. Your decisions will purely be data- and research-backed and you'll have the ability to analyse and interpret data
- Open and curious. You love learning how things work and you'll be open to experimenting with new ideas and implementing them
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from a top school preferred.
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management. Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma extra will be a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber