Manager, Strategic Finance - Community Operations
About the Role
As part of the Community Operations Strategic Finance team, you will help scale the financial planning, analytics and reporting capabilities across EMEA and APAC to empower the business decision makers. You will play a key role in all aspects of EMEA and APAC planning and analysis and make significant contributions to high-profile strategic and operational initiatives. So if you're ready to dive into a rewarding set of challenges and you've got the proven financial skills, experience, passion, and strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Financial planning and analysis: you will be the primary point of contact for all things finance-related for the regions (including monthly reporting, forecasting, goal setting and modeling lead)
- Business partnering: work closely with Regional CommOps leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist and influence with decision making
- Sophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate - you can do it all
- Monthly close: analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and create/discuss potential action plans with cross-functional stakeholders
- Finance related stakeholders: expect some "housecleaning" work partnering with Accounting, Tax, Financial Operations Teams to guarantee correct allocations and provide inputs to enhance finance overall processes
- Process improvement: help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise. Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses: new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help to financially evaluate and help drive these important initiatives beyond traditional FP&A on a variety of projects
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics
- 6-8 years in Corporate Finance, FP&A, Corporate Development / Strategy, Consulting, but we may consider other candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- Exceptional Excel skills: generate efficient, scalable and intuitive models with knowledge of the best practices. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Accounting: proficient working knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Attention to detail: consistent with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
- Excellent communication and people skills: numbers are key, but a business is built with people and you will manage several different stakeholders
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber