Safety Strategic Operations & Reporting Manager
About the Role
We are searching for an analytically minded, highly motivated individual to lead our newly formed Governance & Insights team. If you love digging into data to surface insights that will guide how Uber delivers safe experiences, solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, and building a team from the ground up - this is the role for you. This role is part of Uber's Safety Operations team - within the Global Safety organization, but also embedded deeply with the LatAm Mobility+Delivery businesses!
In this role you will need to have a solid foundation in data analysis, demonstrated ability to translate the "what" into the "so what", and a passion for eliminating root causes that lead to safety incidents and poor user experiences (i.e., unfair deactivations). It is an excellent opportunity to set the vision for this newly formed team.
The team needs a Leader that has proven people management strengths or has shone an ability to encourage, connect, and grow people around them. This role will be based in Mexico City or Sao Paulo, once return to work commences (virtual until then).
This team responssibilities include:
- Safety Incident Insights and Opportunity Analysis: Partnering with Safety Data and Audit Ops to understand the drivers of safety incidents for the Latin America and design initiatives to address any new trends
- Platform Access Insights & Analytics: Building the foundation to measure the efficacy of our platform access operations, with an initial focus on measuring and closing gaps in our Screenings operations
- User Actioning Insights & Measurement: Partnering with CommOps and Central Safety to measure impact (i.e, # of drivers, supply hours), accuracy, and fairness of our platform safety deactivation and waitlisting policies
- Safety Governance: Partnering with Central Safety on our Safety Governance initiatives (i.e., Safety Committee meetings, Risk Register, etc)
- Special Projects: Leading special projects to advance safety!
What You'll Do
- Leadership: Manage the team of individual contributors to surface insights that will craft our safety, platform access, and deactivation / waitlisting policies
- Build Foundation Platform Access Measurement: Partnering with the Screenings stakeholders and Central Safety, build the tools and processes to measure screenings program success
- Own LatAm Safety Incident Analysis: Partnering with Safety data and Central Safety understand what is driving safety incidents on the platform and build initiatives to address the root cause of these incidents
- Build Internal Relationships: Work with partners across mobility and delivery to deepen business expertise and to effectively represent and bring forward Safety programs and products
- Make Data-driven Decisions: Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven suggestions for process improvements
- Improve Processes: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep us as efficient as possible
- Lead by example: Be exceptionally truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think ambitiously and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of related experience
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Experience in vision setting, planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing findings / takeaways
- Ability to mentor, develop, and excite team members to foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Proven decision-making skill. You think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make smart long-term decisions
- Strategical thinking. You break down broad problems to build prioritized forward-thinking action plans
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber