Marketplace Operations Manager
Our Marketplace team works where Uber's technology meets the real world. The Marketplace team is at the core of Uber's local operations, reporting directly into the local GM and with hands-on responsibility on setting and executing our strategy in our markets (Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Norway and Finland). We are the local eyes on Uber's operations teams, and we own city- and country-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. We ensure complex, business-critical work is done in a high-quality way and champion the core Uber experience in our cities.
About the role
The team's mission is to use data and operational levers to ensure that Uber can offer the most competitive, reliable and convenient service across Northern Europe, at all times and in any place. This is a complex task that requires defining complex strategic frameworks and tackling sophisticated product and operational challenges. You'll use analytical and operational knowledge to improve decision making and impact business outcomes, working on projects that could span across an array of topics ranging from user competitive strategy, product launches and optimization, safety or user experience.
What You'll Do:
- Data Analytics - Use data to improve decision making and impact business outcomes across Northern Europe
- Problem Solving - Solve business challenges by identifying the root cause and implementing effective solutions
- Cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management - Engage with a number of functions across the business - policy, communications, product, marketing, legal and customer support and, in some cases, manage external stakeholders
- Project management and execution - Plan and project manage multiple projects and have the ability to execute in a constantly changing, complex environment
What You'll Need:
- A minimum 3 years experience with operations management / management consulting / investment banking / strategy work in a large business / customer growth management / growth hacking, or growing a startup
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly
- Curious and eager to learn - you are interested in all things and can build up skills and knowledge very fast to become a recognized subject matter expert amongst your peers
- Problem solver with a creative solutions driven mindset and a get-things-done attitude.
- Customer oriented - the ability to capture our customers' expectations and requirements in a seamless customer journey.
- Flexible and forward thinking - we need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
- Fluency in English with native French, native Dutch or native Swedish as a plus
Advanced SQL & data visualisation skills are a strong plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber