Head of Operations, Taiwan Mobility
About the Role
Our Taiwan Mobility business has undergone some regulatory transitions in the past year, and we now have a strong and stable foundation upon which to build future growth and lead in transforming the mobility landscape in the market. In addition, we partner closely with our massive Uber Eats business that has become a household brand in Taiwan. Our ambition is to grow into a billion-dollar mobility business by attracting more drivers and fleet partners to join our platform and serving more use cases and modes of transport, so that users can use the Uber app to go anywhere and get anything in Taiwan.
Uber's Mobility Operations team is where Uber's magic comes to life. Our Operations team brings the best of Uber's technology and products to serve the needs of the local markets: we work with local partners, regulators and customers to ensure our products are relevant to them. At the same time, we surface the needs of our local stakeholders so our technology can be adapted and tailored to meet the unique mobility needs in Taiwan.
What You Will Do
- Take on the exciting challenge of building a billion-dollar business and a high-performing team that can help transform the mobility landscape in Taiwan.
- Build entirely new business lines from scratch, figure out ways to partner with the taxi industry and external stakeholders and manage the financial performance of our business.
- Solve complex strategic and operational challenges such as: which products to launch to serve new use cases, how much to invest in and how best to deploy promotions to boost demand, or how to refine our policies so they can keep platform users safe.
- Build a deep understanding of our customers and our business, partnering closely with incredibly talented stakeholders and team members.
- Lead and empower a team of incredibly smart, passionate and driven people - championing our culture and employee brand
- Collaborate with our local and regional cross-functional teams (Marketing, BD, Customer Experience, etc.) and with our Delivery team to align on our strategy for Taiwan Mobility and unlock support to deliver on them
- Work closely with Product teams to understand our product roadmaps and relevance for Taiwan and scope & advocate for product needs in Taiwan
What you will bring
- Operations Management: Experience running high-growth operations (preferably with line or P&L accountability) in a matrix environment
- Strategic and Analytical Thinking: Ability to define and structure a problem, generate and validate hypotheses, focus and prioritise on highest impact efforts and make decisions backed by data
- Results orientated: Ability to demonstrate experience driving business outcomes and achieving business results
- Customer Centricity: Able to deeply understand our customers' needs and preferences, innovate on solutions to address them and advocate to deliver on them
- Team Leadership: Experience in managing cross-functional teams with a focus on building, developing and inspiring team direct reports and cross-functional peers
- Lingual Skills: Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English
What's in it for you?
You will be exposed to a wide range of growth opportunities. You may choose to join regional or global teams to cover a specific area of expertise across a broader set of markets e.g. payments, marketplace, community operations, etc. or you may choose to grow into a more senior business leader within the Taiwan business whether Mobility or Delivery.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada