Product Designer, Uber Grocery & New Verticals
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Design team crafts functional and delightful user experiences for consumers, restaurants, and consumers--on screen and in the real world--and helps set a people-centric long term vision for Eats. We are an interdisciplinary team including product designers, writers, and researchers.
About the Role
As a product designer on Uber, Market, you will be part of the team responsible for expanding Uber Eats from being food-first to also include multi-vertical offerings. This includes solving both customer and merchant problems in bringing grocery, convenience, alcohol, and more to the platform. This is a unique opportunity to help build the grocery product from the ground up and to be part of the rapidly growing new verticals team.
As a designer on Uber, Market you will work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers in iterating and building delightful user experiences. You'll engage with cross-functional teams across all stages of a project, working together to build best-in-class experiences.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Identify future opportunities, ideating on how Uber Market can scale
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Regularly participate in design critiques with Uber's world-class design team and ship high-quality end-to-end experiences
- Active socialization with key stakeholders to drive decisions forward
- Obsess over the details of the interaction, visual, and motion design
- Work with product managers to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers
- You will ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- 3+ years of professional hands-on experience
- Deep knowledge of building products for Android, iOS, and web
- Fluency with systems design, product design patterns and tools
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful product design work and process
- Curiosity and passion for trying and learning new things
- Strong understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles
- Ability to tackle complex user and design problems
- Experience grounding your design decisions in user research, metrics, and business goals
- A track record of shipping phenomenal experiences
- Experience in pushing technically complex solutions through while maintaining a high level of design integrity
- Expertise at developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format - making business concepts and data visually engaging
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber