Manager, Merchant Operations
About the Role
As the leader of the Merchant Operations team, you will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale our delivery platform across Canada. Building a phenomenal experience for merchants, and enabling them to increase their revenue on our platform through smooth operations and strategic and technical account management, is a critical component for building outstanding selection for Uber Eats.
If you have that mix of operational prowess to get excellent work done, sound stakeholder leadership skills that empower you to manage cross-functional relationships, the leadership skills to inspire, motivate and manage a talented group of Operations Managers and the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop creative solutions at scale, this role is right for you.
This role is all about building the best experience for restaurants: the ideal candidate will relentlessly think about how to bring our onboarding conversion up and our onboarding costs down; how to maximize Order Accuracy and Restaurant CSAT; and how to launch and promote new Restaurants products (e.g. Ads, Offers, technical integrations, etc.) to reach their fullest potential.
What You'll Do
- Lead a fast-paced, dynamic team of talented people towards building a best-in-class Restaurant experience in Canada.
- Set the mission and drive thorough execution for the team, enabling them to achieve ambitious targets for their respective OKRs.
- Collaborate with a highly cross-functional stakeholder group including Product, Sales, Account Management, Strategy, Finance, Policy/Comms, Legal and Central Operations teams.
- Initiate creative solutions to get results at scale for the region on Account Management for big chains and small brands alike, on Restaurant Onboarding & Compliance, on Restaurant Engagement, and on Ads and Offers sales.
- 7+ years of experience in strategy, operations, consulting, analytics, tech, finance, or related field.
- 2+ years in a people management position.
- You have 7-10 years of experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area at managerial level.
- Your decision-making and business judgement integrates data - you understand what drives value for each group in our marketplace, especially Restaurants, and can make sensible business decisions to reflect this.
- You are passionate about leadership, people development, team culture and building a high-performing team.
- You have experience delivering on multifaceted, sophisticated projects with many partners, internal and external.
- You are customer obsessed, you relentlessly think about building the best service for all our Restaurants.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and high growth culture
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber