Senior Operations Manager, Strategic Initiatives
ABOUT THE ROLE
Uber Eats is looking for a Senior Operations Manager to build and scale a new, strategic, business line. This operations role calls for a combination of creative problem-solving, operational optimization, data analytics, and project management. You should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, enjoy solving problems and thrive in a startup environment. You will work cross-functionally with other business partners to launch and grow this new arm of the Uber Eats business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ideate: Bring bold ideas to the table, whether that be testing new product experiences or business models and experiments
- Scope: Develop business cases, prioritization frameworks, and go-to-market strategies for the retail business
- Analyze: Quantify everything you do. Utilize data-driven decision making to understand business trends and craft your recommendations
- Iterate: Be committed to finding the best solutions through iteration and learning from failure. Identify operational weaknesses in the delivery experience and build scalable processes
- Build: Create innovative, scalable solutions for sophisticated business problems touching many sides of the business
- Collaborate: We will be experimenting in spaces that are new to most of us, and we'll want to collaborate closely with our colleagues on other functional teams
- A minimum of 4 years of professional work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Management consulting, strategy work in a large business, project management, or investment banking experience (2+ years preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to tackle problems logically; Data-driven approach to decision making and sound business judgment to determine project performance and financial viability, grounded in analytical thinking
- Self-motivated, works independently and possess strong organization and time management skills
- Creative approach that enjoys experimentation and is willing to take bold bets despite risk of failure
- Strong project management skills who can bring order to ambiguous problems and help align all partners through to execution.
- Bias toward action and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and execution
- Phenomenal collaborator and someone who proactively partners across teams
- Outstanding Excel / data management skills
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber