Sr Program Manager - Engineering D&I
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Sr Program Manager with an affinity for cross-functional collaboration, impeccable organizational skills and entrepreneurial spirit to drive and scale Uber's D&I Engineering Programs. You will work closely with Engineering, Recruiting, D&I, HRBP and External Partners to ensure we leverage the right expertise to deliver the best programming possible and move the needle on increasing the representation and engagement of underrepresented groups in Uber Engineering.
You should be comfortable with written communication, driving large groups to execute and deliver engaging D&I programs. Your ability to sell the impact and success of the programs internally and externally is critical. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen.
What You'll Do
- Sit at the intersection of Engineering, Recruiting, D&I, and HRBP
- Own relationships and communication with all stakeholders and volunteers.
- Develop a roadmap and/or calendar for the programs.
- Plan and execute on program roadmap.
- Monitor and report accomplishment of D&I goals/key initiatives and escalate issues to stakeholders on monthly cadence
- Positive attitude, excellent communication, and pragmatism. You have a strong point of view on how Uber can improve on inclusion.
- Leadership. You're able to motivate with your written and verbal communication.
- A great teammate. Your D&I and organizational instincts are matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing 'the right thing' is. You are an enabler not a blocker.
- Minimum of 3 years experience delivering highly successful programs in D&I, recruiting or engineering within a tech company.
- Experience working with technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience owning relationships with external partners.
- Branding or marketing experiences
- Experience developing learning or training programs
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber