Manager, Sr. HR Business Partner
About the Role
The Sr. Manager HRBP for India is a key role partnering with the India Technology organization and leadership team. You will have responsibility for enabling the talent strategy and execution of HR strategies in alignment with the current and future needs of the site. This is a fast paced team, and provides a huge opportunity to make an impact as we continue grow and scale HR in India.
You will partner with the India Leadership team to identify and
execute key initiatives to supercharge the tech organization. You will orchestrate across different People teams to ensure that all HR strategies are seamlessly executed to the highest of standards and delivered with the appropriate business lens. You'll be well-versed in all things HR at Uber and work closely with their business leaders to understand the business and talent needs and ensure the central People & Places teams are designing and executing accordingly.
You are hands on - not afraid to roll up your sleeve and get stuff done - and approach your work with a people lens and a data-driven, analytical mentality. This role requires a strategic understanding of the business - and while ensuring HR is executed with excellence today you'll have an eye on the future, thinking about the business needs of tomorrow and developing the talent required. This role requires you to act as a consultant to management on business issues, and a coach to leaders and managers,
ultimately equipping them to be better at managing their people. Most importantly, you are the stewards of our cultural norms and are well connected to our people, providing a pulse on the overall health of the organization.
What you'll do :
- Lead the Technology HRBP team in India
- Be a thought partner and trusted advisor for the India Leaership Team (tech leaders)
- Understand the business strategy and talent and organization strategy for tech and align these strategies to the current and future needs of the business
- Craft and execute the appropriate strategies and ensure execution for key talent processes - talent assessments, organizational planning, leadership development and other key interventions
- Collaborate closely with the central function teams to ensure solutions that meet business problems
- Understanding how HR processes work at Uber and what the strategy, approach and philosophy of HR is here. Educating business leads and communicating to employees
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of experience in HR related functions and BP roles
- Tech experience of similar size and scale preferred
- Experience hiring and managing a front-line HRBP team
- Solid understanding of global HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Strong analytical capabilities or prior experience in working in analytical functions like compensation or people analytics
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on critical initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- High EQ, cultural awareness and compassion
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber