Senior Strategy & Planning Associate, Uber Freight
The Uber Freight team is building a better future for shipping. We believe that when shippers and carriers have the freedom to move together, the entire industry moves ahead. The Strategy & Planning team is responsible for three main areas. First, we provide research and analysis to inform the overall company strategy, service expansion, go-to-market, and product strategies at Uber Freight. Second, we create and manage Uber Freight's financial budget, which includes overall team OKRs, headcount plans, and hiring cadence to support our growth. We also act as chief of staff for the Freight leadership team, managing all Board of Director presentations, investor materials and Uber leadership communications. Finally, we support and manage core reporting analytics, key business metric definition and monitoring and business health deep-dives.
About the Role
The Senior Strategy & Planning Senior Associate will help drive and support strategic decision making for the Uber Freight leadership team. In this role, you will be an integral part supporting the Freight leadership team with project management, executive presentations and communications, and financial planning. The ideal candidate for this role should have excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills and excellent time-management, and organizational skills.
What You'll Do
- Project management - as we operationalize our data-driven insights, you will need the ability to own projects from start to finish, ensuring cross-functional teams are delivering high-quality results quickly and on time.
- Sophisticated, exec-level presentations and analysis - you will build slide decks from scratch that will convey the strategy and performance of the business and be presented to the CEO and CFO of Uber as well as Uber and Uber Freight Board of Directors. The analyses and presentations will be critical to making sound business decisions and moving Uber Freight's business forward.
- Manage partners - work closely with leaders across Uber Freight to tell stories through data and insights, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making, and develop financial forecasts.
- Think strategically / critically about the business AND execute - the models and presentations we build to aid in decision making and strategy, but executing on the initiatives is where the rubber meets the road.
- 4+ years experience in an analytical, finance or strategy-focused role
- Poven Experience building high-stakes, executive presentations that take complex strategy, analyses, and results and simplifies it into clear, logical frameworks and takeaways
- Experience with financial modelling
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to navigate Uber Freight's organization and work strategically and collaboratively across teams
- Self-starter and eager to jump into complex, strategic projects
- Strong communication skills and ability to rally stakeholders around one goal
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with sensitivity and integrity
- Ability to synthesize information in a concise, well-organized way
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Transportation experience is not required, but should have an interest in learning the unit economics, competitive dynamics, and the role our industry plays in the US economy
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber