Senior Tax Analyst EMEA
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global tax team integral to a company engaged in cutting edge technology and focused on solving some of the biggest challenges in the world. We're looking for an exceptional senior tax analyst to join our EMEA tax team to support and help lead our growing businesses across EMEA (with focus on the DACH region).
What you'll do
- As a senior tax analyst you'll be engaged in tax matters for Uber in the DACH region (countries in scope include Germany, Austria and Switzerland) to deliver impactful and significant insights that drive decision making. With time you will be exposed to the wider EMEA region
- You have the ability to operate independently, make decisions and thrive on execution
- Collaborate with various stakeholders such as Operations, Legal, Policy, Accounting and Communications
- Maintain relationships with local Tax Authorities and manage local tax audits including correspondence with the Tax authorities
- Liaise and manage external advisers to ensure Uber gets the best advice possible
- Review legal contracts from a tax perspective
- Stay on top of all international and local tax developments in the DACH region, analyze the impact for Uber's business and advise your tax team members and other relevant stakeholders accordingly
- International travel may be part of the job where necessary (after Covid-19)
Who you are
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature
- Excited to be involved in launching and growing Uber products and determined to make Uber a huge success
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Willingness to deal with a very steep learning curve and openness to challenging projects outside your usual areas of experience or comfort zone
- Self-motivated with great attention to detail, project management and organizational skills and strong ownership of tasks
- A team player with a good sense of humor
What you'll need
- An academic degree in tax
- 5+ years of experience in a sophisticated tax environment (in-house experience is an advantage)
- Knowledge of indirect taxes is an advantage
- Genuine passion for tax technical research
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. German is a big plus
- Strong communication and comfortable sharing information formally or informally with senior audiences
- Curiosity mindset, exceptional organizational skills, excellence in daily task executions and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines
- Uber credits every month.
- Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, ownership culture and a fun learning environment!
- Monthly gym reimbursement / healthcare etc.
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 800 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to match supply and demand so that suppliers and consumers get what they want, when they want.
Longer term, we're optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
For drivers, restaurants and couriers working with Uber, our apps and technology represent a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer. And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. We're reimagining how things move from one place to the next.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber