Staff Machine Learning TLM- Rider Pricing and Incentives
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
The Uber Marketplace Eng Organization (https://marketplace.uber.com/) is at the core of Uber's business, and Rider Pricing and Incentives are two strategically critical components of the Marketplace. Our mission is to foster growth and increase profitability by pushing the frontiers of machine learning, data science and economics, and developing highly reliable and scalable platforms that accelerate Uber's impact on the transportation industry.
We are a rapidly growing team with high impact and visibility from the top. We're responsible for developing state of the art technology to optimize the pricing and incentives strategy in our platform that directly drives efficiencies and effectiveness across user (riders, drivers, eaters, restaurants, etc) interaction with Uber. We manage a significant portion of Uber's pricing and incentives spending budget, and we seek to build long-term loyalty among Uber users and create a healthy and balanced ecosystem.
What You'll Do
- Own the technical roadmap, architecture, design and strategy for the team.
- Hire and retain critical and top notch talent in backend, ML, optimization, data
- Collaborate with multiple product, data and engineering teams to analyze key business problems and deliver engineering solutions end to end.
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science and related field
- Minimum 6 years industry experience in designing and building engineering solutions in production
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep domain expertise in one or multiple areas like machine learning/deep learning, statistics, optimization.
- Proven experience with distributed storage and database systems
- Track record of building large-scale, highly-available systems for both batch and streaming
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber