Sr Analyst Tax Brazil
Our Tax team is a meaningful membrane of our company's operation. We're constantly taking care of exciting situations and coming up with solutions to help our business thrive and align with local regulations.
We're looking for a new member of our Brazilian team, so if you're into a fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
About the Role
We are seeking a Reporting Senior Associate to join and become a major contributor to our Global Reporting Team, focussing on our Brazil operations.
You will be working cross-functionally and have regular interaction with key business partners, especially as it relates to our direct and indirect tax obligations in Brazil.
What You'll Do
- Lead and develop the financial reporting process for Uber's Brazil operations, in close interaction with other relevant partners.
- Preparing monthly adjustments from US GAAP to BR GAAP, and ensuring all local requirements are met, in conjunction with our external accounting providers.
- Work closely with our Brazilian tax and compliance team to ensure regulated requirements are communicated and understood.
- Coordinating and collaborating with other internal control functions in risk management and integration projects that add value to the business and improve effective oversight of key risks
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and frameworks
- Drives continuous improvement, standardization, reengineering of processes and controls and implementation of standard methodologies.
- Drafting and/or reviewing of policies, procedures and other accounting documents, as vital
- A standout colleague, operates globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative.
- Ensure that the statutory accounting and external filings process for the legal entity meets the highest quality standards in collaboration with teams in accounting, tax and legal, internal audit, external partners and others as required including continuous compliance with group and local requirements.
- Works independently to research and resolve individual inquiries related to such requests collaborating closely with accounting and tax as needed.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CA/ACCA/equivalent qualification preferred
- 6+ years professional experience with an emphasis on auditing, accounting, overall financial statements analysis and regulatory reporting, preferably partly gained within one of the 'Big-four'.
- Proficient English and Portugese, and Spanish is an advantage
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to tackle challenges
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to partners
- Proactive, process- and results-driven, able to set priorities right and committed to deadlines.
- Comfortable in handling ambiguous situations, self-driven, and works well independently or with a group.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber