About the Role
Be the voice of Uber Eats to our email subscribers, social followers, and app users. The perfect candidate will have a talent for bold copy and digital-first creative concepts and experience writing for global consumer brands. You'll bring a passion for prose to everything from new product announcements to treating your audience to free dessert. Be prepared to partner with digital Designers and Art Directors to develop concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work.
Translate a marketing brief into a direct, actionable email? Sinch. Think that antiquated :30 second TV spot would make a much more compelling mobile game? Show us. Those random, hilarious Tik-Tok ideas you have on a walk? We want you to pitch them and make them come to life.
You'll operate with a high degree of autonomy, owning content creation end-to-end. Moving from concept through to legal approvals - creating toolkits and playbooks for our global teams as well as regional campaigns.
What You'll Do
- Concept and execute digital campaigns for Uber Eats' owned channels, including CRM, social, in-app, push, and website landing pages
- Partner with digital Art Directors and Designers and the broader creative team to concert, pitch, and develop end-to-end digital campaigns for Uber Eats and our restaurant and merchant partners
- Leverage research and insights to develop communications that delight and exceed our customers' expectations and needs
- Change gears easily, working with different marketing and product teams and across channels in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- 4+ years working as a Copywriter in a creative agency or comparable in-house agency
- An envy-inducing portfolio of digital-first work including email/newsletter samples and social campaigns; awards welcome, award-obsessives not
- Experience writing for a QSR or fast food brand
- Personal interest in food culture, pop culture, social impact, and/or emerging technology
- Mild social media obsession
- Portfolio school alumnus
- Passion for storytelling and dedication to your craft
- Solutions-oriented strategic thinker with a passion for solving business and real world problems
- Strong design sense and a deep love of the Copywriter-Art Director partnership
- Self-starter with careful attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects; heavy user of the phrase "what if..."
- Sense of pride in presenting well written, on-brand, error-free work
- Excitement for ideating and creating in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber