Strategy & Operations Coordinator - Uber Eats
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Strategy & Operations team empowers our regional and local teams through insights, analysis, and thought leadership.
About the Role
We are looking for an individual who has strong operational, processes implementation and analytical skills. The Strategy & Coordinator for the Fraud, Money & Support vertical will work covering several fronts in Risk, Payments, Support and Compliance to deliver high-impact results. In order to do that you'll define and improve OKRs and align partners across the region and other countries.
This is a key position that will be accountable for several OKRs in 9 countries that belong to the region of CASA (Andean, Caribbean, Central America and South Cone). This person is going to be the bridge evaluating new delivery-app settlements in terms of operations, provide the impacts and arguments to cross-functional teams (like Legal, Labor, Tax, Policy, etc.) and understand "what can and can't be done" from an operations perspective.
What You'll Do
- Develop Strategic Insights - Take big picture ideas and break them into measurable steps to understand the marketplace the company is in and develop insights that will help us deliver our main projects
- Business Understanding - You are an expert on how our business and operations work to be able to answer any type of questions from the functional teams to quickly highlight any impacts
- Analytical - Run numerical analysis and communicate complex data insights in a clear and succinct manner, with the ability to identify and isolate the truly relevant pieces of information
- Problem Solving - Scope sophisticated problems and derive integral solutions based on robust analysis
- Collaboration - Build and develop positive relationships with cross-functional teams to improve our metrics and overcome challenges. I.E. Central Operations, Territory Teams, Product, Legal, Tax, Policy, Invoicing, CommOps, etc.
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Implement scalable solutions and processes among the region
- Strong Executional and Implementation skills - Make projects and plans a reality. You lead your projects and have a positive approach and ability to operate in a very fast paced environment
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in consulting, investment banking, strategy, business development, analytics, any operations-intense fast-paced environment, or a variety of other specialty roles, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- English and Spanish proficiency
- Experience with a consistent record of solving analytical problems
- Easily adapt to a constantly-changing work environment
- Data-driven decision mentality through strong analytical thinking
- Strong implementation skills and process design orientation
- Creative solutions attitude with an affinity to constantly A/B test ideas
- SQL, Python or R. Willing to learn SQL if it is not a skill they own yet
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber