Head of Earner Access & Engagement
About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to riders and partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly evolving business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
As Earner Access & Engagement Sr Program Leader, you will lead a cross functional team focused on implementing programs designed to drive Earner engagement with Uber, help protect the safety and integrity of the platform, and support Earners when they experience Account, Payment, and Access issues. You will usher complex global and regional projects through the entire lifecycle, lead cross-functional collaboration, and improve our operations through data analysis, project management, and teamwork. You will play a key role in the strategy and execution of improvements to Earner Access, Earnings, and Engagement support processes and products, while supporting research and resolution of complex issues in this space. You will also lead a team of leaders and individual contributors, focusing on coaching and development of core Program Management and Manager competencies and skills.
This role is for someone who loves leading a team, obsesses about operational details, is energized advocating for high-ROI strategies, and cares deeply about the customer journey from end-to-end.
What You'll Do
- Stakeholder Management - Build trust with stakeholders
- Be a subject matter expert on the Earner experience and serve as a strategic thought partner for the business and Comm Ops leadership.
- Be the voice of the Earner and use that to influence decisions on operations and product
- Manage the expectations of senior Stakeholders, including RGM, GMs and Product leaders.
- Take on the difficult communications with stakeholders, which might involve suggesting alternatives or pivoting vs the current direction
- Represent the team's work well to global, regional, and cross-functional stakeholders
- People Management - Build and manage a high performing team
- Lead a large cross functional team of people managers and individual contributors.
- Strategize the structure of the team by working closely with direct reports and the rest of CommOps leadership as needed
- Build and develop talent within the team
- Build and encourage the right culture within the team
- Strategic Thinking & Planning - Thinking for both short & long-term
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop and align on the right Earner support and engagement strategy for the region and each business unit. This includes analyzing and weighing the various support offerings to give by user and product segments, and ultimately executing on them.
- Work with CommOps and Ops finance to budget and plan for the mid to longer term
- Execute - Bias toward action and getting things done
- Effectively manage competing high priority projects and initiatives.
- Be flexible and adaptable in a fast and ever-changing environment
- Have a bias toward action
- General Experience: At least 7 years of experience running business units, scaling cross functional support organizations and/or production operations
- Program management: Experience managing multiple projects and programs with various specializations and stakeholders. Track record of balancing analytical strategic thinking with quick decision-making, change management, and timely execution
- Stakeholder management: Exceptional ability to be effective working with senior leaders across multiple functions and regions.
- People Management: Experience managing people and leading cross functional teams in a fast pace and heavy operational environment.
- Experience managing other people managers strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running an innovative sustainable operation.
- Some high-growth operations experience in a fast paced environment
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages customer and partner engagement around the globe. The team you will join has a mission to make customer experience our #1 competitive advantage. Join us in championing this mission.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber