Sr Program Manager, Risk
About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to riders and partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly evolving business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
As a Risk Support Sr Program Manager, you will usher complex projects through the entire lifecycle, lead cross-functional collaboration, and improve our operations. This role is responsible for directly driving the Earner (Driver + Delivery Person) Risk support experience, while simultaneously acting as senior point of contact for all US&C Risk Support for all stakeholders. This includes working to standardize and unite our fraud, financial risk, and account security customer support programs throughout the U.S. & Canada. This position will own the strategy and implementation of improvements to the current fraud and risk processes and products; while supporting research and resolution of complex issues to improve the customer experience and company financials.
This role is for someone who obsesses about operational details, is energized advocating for high-ROI strategies, and cares deeply about the customer journey from end-to-end.
What You'll Do
- Stakeholder Management - Build trust with stakeholders
- Be a Risk subject matter expert and serve as a strategic thought partner for the business, Comm Ops leadership, and other support teams.
- Be the voice of the customer and use that to influence decisions on operations and product
- Manage the expectations of senior Stakeholders, including RGM, GMs and Product leaders for US&C Risk Support, including both Earner & Consumer issues.
- Take on the difficult communications with stakeholders, which might involve suggesting alternatives or pivoting vs the current direction
- Partner closely with the Consumer Risk Program Manager to develop & drive an aligned strategy across US&C Risk Support.
- Represent the team's work well to global, regional, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Strategic Thinking & Planning - Thinking for both short & long-term
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop and align on the right support strategy for the region and each business unit. This includes analyzing and weighing the various support offerings to give by customer and product segments, and ultimately executing on them.
- Work with CommOps and Ops finance to budget and plan for the mid to longer term
- Execute - Bias toward action and getting things done
- Oversee end to end management of Earner Risk support experiences. You are responsible for the overall support quality & metric performance of Earner Risk Support within US&C Community Operations.
- Effectively manage competing high priority projects and initiatives centered around continuous improvement of the Earner Risk program.
- Be flexible and adaptable in a fast and ever-changing environment
- Have a bias toward action
- General Experience: At least 5 years of experience running business units, scaling support organizations and/or production operations
- Program management: Experience managing multiple projects and programs with various specializations and stakeholders. Track record of balancing analytical strategic thinking with quick decision-making, change management, and timely execution
- Stakeholder management: Exceptional ability to be effective working with senior leaders across multiple functions and regions.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running an innovative sustainable operation.
- Some high-growth operations experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Excel/data management
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages customer and partner engagement around the globe. The team you will join has a mission to make customer experience our #1 competitive advantage. Join us in championing this mission.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber