Program Manager, Global Identity Operations
About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help seek problems where no solution currently exists.
We're looking for a program manager to join the Platform Identity Operations Program (in Dallas, Chicago, Washington D.C., or San Francisco) who will help execute Projects on the roadmap that will simplify and automate complex processes. The program seeks to standardize and unite our regional operational processes of vetting the identification and eligibility documents (drivers licenses, registration and insurance docs, photos) of our numerous users of our platform (riders, drivers, eaters, couriers, restaurants) using technology capabilities such as automation, natural language processing and workflow. You will be responsible for aligning our global program vision with regional programs, leading cross-regional and cross-functional projects. This will be a project management role with a heavy focus on driving transformation by influencing cross team collaboration (product, regional ops, compliance, and LoBs), regional calibration, and process improvement through data analytics, organization, and collaboration.
You will be reporting into the Senior Program Leader of the Platform Identity Operations Program within Community Operations. Your efforts will produce better outcomes for our numerous customers and a faster, more accurate, and more efficient process for the business.
What You'll Do
- Execute projects: responsible for coordinating and executing across regions within a time-sensitive environment to enable delivery on operational KPIs
- Provide project and key stakeholder alignment on initiatives to ensure they are connected to the larger customer support and Compliance goals
- Ensure the projects are properly defined and scoped with charters that include well-written problem statements and quantifiable goals and baseline data
- Recommend, design and deliver projects that will standardize, improve processes, and enable better performance of the program
- Serve as a critical thought partner to regional and global leadership in developing a best-in-class experience for the customer
- Identify opportunities in our processes and operational models, driving strategic projects aimed at making improvements with global impact
- Minimum 6 years of program management experience, leading multi domain projects
- 6+ years of professional program management experience across complex multi domain projects, coordinating with global stakeholders, and providing actionable insights
- Proven success in process design, optimization and automation, program management, customer support strategies, and/ or quality assurance
- Ability to use data to make customer focused decisions and facilitate behavior change in support organizations
- Strong business judgement and critical thinking skills to identify, report, and mitigate key business risks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills across multiple functions and teams
- Strong experience working with cross-functional teams across multiple offices and territories
- Experience with document verification / identity operations / financial operations programs at global scale, a strong plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber