Payroll Specialist II
About the Role
Our Regional Payroll team is looking to add a new member of our family!
We need someone who enjoys being part of a team and collaborate to solve problems in a collective way. This person will be a Payroll Specialist based in Mexico City and specifically focusing on Costa Rica. As a member of the Latin America Payroll Team, you will be working closely with our Payroll Delivery Center team in Bangalore as well as our People Ops, Global Benefits, Stock, Mobility, Cash Management, Accounting, Tax and Legal teams, as well as external consultants to ensure local compliance.
What You'll Do
- Act as broad and local Subject Matter Expertise of LATAM payroll process, (especially in Costa Rica and Dominican Republic)
- Be responsible to support our Delivery Center with the day-to-day payroll process including terminations and off-cycle processes, Social Security and Income Tax Calculation
- Work close with IT team to improve Costa Rica Timekeeping rules
- Work with Costa Rica payroll vendor to build new page codes, understand and configure the payroll system to process PTO and Leave of Absences
- Handle quarterly tax adjustments and year end process activities
- Ensure appropriate documentation for operational processes and procedures are in place and adhered to as part of operations for Costa Rica, Dominican Republic or other LATAM countries in case of possible new implementations
- Confirm required controls are validated and cleared as part of routine payroll processing; raise any exceptions or discrepancies as related to application and business controls to management.
- Keep internal and external payroll processing documentation up to date (e.g., data collection templates, processing schedule, checklist, DTPs, intranet) for Costa Rica, DR or other LATAM countries if needed
- Provide guidance to India Payroll Delivery Center team to handle the employee support ticketing system and ensure SLA's are maintained with special customer support in Spanish for Costa Rica and Dominican Republic
- Work with the Payroll Manager to implement payroll vendor transition for Costa Rica and Dominican Republic according to organization goals, policies and procedures, and new laws and regulations
- Collaborate with the HR, Legal and Tax team and provide cross-functional mentorship and support as needed
- Support various internal and external audits, domestic and international.
- Participate in new system implementations and or improvements related to payroll process and perform user testing.
- Provide guidance to and share knowledge with team members relating to payroll rules and regulations.
What You'll Need
- A positive and problem solving mindset
- A passion for challenges
- Communication Skills! It's all in the words, you'll need to know how to connect with people within and outside our team
- Experience with Workday/ADP or similar platforms for international payroll Ability to understand and interact with different partners
- Ability to collect data from multiple sources to facilitate a timely, and compliant payslip/related payroll filings.
- LATAM payroll background (end to end payroll process)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber