Senior Claims Advocate, Emerging Products
About the Role
The Emerging Products claims team is seeking an experienced claims professional to gain diversity in his/her career across US & Canada by handling a variety of complex claim issues. You will report to our Emerging Products Claims Manager (US/CAN) based out of San Francisco. As a Claims Advocate, you will be exposed to cutting edge issues with the opportunity to develop creative paths for claim resolution alongside a leading third-party administrator handling a legacy claims book. If you're ready to reimagine industry norms and have the skills, experience, drive, as well as a strong team mentality - Uber on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Review an existing book of claims being handled by a third party administrator and collaborate on resolution strategies
- Become a subject matter expert on Uber's commercial auto policies and insurance programs, as well as any historical commercial policies or insurance programs Uber has inherited through mergers and acquisitions
- Work in a cross-functional environment that includes teams from insurance legal, insurance coverage, external vendors, and more, while appropriately escalating coverage concerns and/or contractual issues that may arise
- Become a trusted partner with Uber's Insurance Litigation team to work collaboratively to identify and resolve coverage issues and gain alignment on claim strategies
- Assess current state claims handling practices and provide feedback and input to streamline claims operations, not only internally, but externally with our insurance partners
- Be prepared, focused and concise when facilitating carrier partner roundtables
- Validate data and maintain impeccable data integrity
What You'll Need
- 4 or more years of Insurance claims experience preferably in Commercial Auto or General Liability claims handling with a strong preference for candidates with experience in complex coverage, liability and/or represented claims; Strong technical claims background preferred
- Advanced knowledge in coverage and claim evaluation
- Thrives working within a high pace environment and is a self starter
- Superior prioritization and organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (AIC, CPCU insurance designations a plus)
- Proficient computer skills required to navigate a paperless environment (experience with Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, Excel and Smartsheets a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and proven stakeholder management
- Ability to solve broad and cross functional problems independently
- Project Management skills including the ability to develop and execute robust project plans, preferred
- Easy adaptation to changing situations, requirements or priorities
- Worker's Compensation claims handling experience is a plus, but not required
About the Team
The Emerging Products claims team currently consists of five team members split between San Francisco and Phoenix. Our team works closely with internal stakeholders on the insurance risk, insurance legal, product & engineering, and data analytics / actuarial teams, to strategize the future state of any new product or program that Uber will be releasing. The team will work together to ensure operational excellence, quality claims management and the delivery of superior customer service.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber