GM, Canada Operations - Uber Freight
About the Role
Based in Toronto, Canada, the GM of Canada Operations will partner with U.S. teams across all functions (sales, ops, strategy & planning/launch, product, engineering, and others) to own and grow Uber Freight's Canadian operations and presence. This role will be responsible for crafting and executing on the Canada growth strategy, defining team structure and engagement model, owning Canada's budget and its allocation, setting and driving the region's targets and metrics, representing Uber Freight externally on policy/partnerships/marketing engagements, and helping to shape Uber Freight's image and position in Canada.
What You Will Do:
- Vision & Strategy: Working closely with the operations teams in Chicago, U.S. leadership, and S&P teams to align and iterate on overall Canada vision and go-to-market strategy
- Operational Leadership: Lead a cross-functional team across both Canada and U.S. to stand up core operations and support for Canadian business for carrier, account management, support & tracking, and financial operations
- P&L, Planning, and Budget Ownership: Own the Canada financials, budget, and goals, as well as all operational planning to align with high level business objectives and targets
- Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, driving key initiatives across the region across launch, operations, finance, marketing, and product
- Process Improvement: Identify operational and structural areas of improvement; innovate new processes and effectively communicate to setup our local Canada and US teams for success
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate organizational structures, resourcing needs, and engagement models to ensure the Canada business is well supported through its growth
- Develop Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance, Rides, Eats, Nemo etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is very much preferred
- Proven experience scaling and developing high performing teams
- MBA highly preferred
- Experience in the freight/transportation industry preferred
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale teams
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well; Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Exceptional Excel / Google suite / data management skills. SQL Proficiency a plus
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere in times of headwinds and failures
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, strategy or go-to-market experience, proficient with Excel, experience with SQL is a plus
- Stakeholder management, decision making, project management, presentation/communication, develops and coaches, leadership
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber