Uber's IP Team is responsible for a wide range of services, including trademark and patent portfolio development, trademark disputes, patent conflicts, marketplace enforcement, online brand abuse prevention, and IP transactions.
We're looking for an exceptional paralegal to join Uber Legal's Intellectual Property Team. As a member of the IP Team, you will work on a broad spectrum of projects and interact with other teams across the Legal Department and Uber. You will report to the Sr. Director for Uber's Brand Protection Practice and be responsible for supporting operational excellence in all phases of the IP Team's practice.
- Assist in coordinating the management of Uber's global trademark portfolio, including commissioning trademark clearance searches, facilitating prosecution of trademark applications, docketing, reviewing watch notices and assisting in enforcement efforts, submitting online take-down requests, instructing outside counsel and vendors and developing processes and procedures to organize and manage the growing number of trademark matters
- Manage vendor operations, including contracting, invoicing and renewals and outsourcing specific tasks to vendors; support team budget and spend tracking in connection with vendor spend
- Manage law firm operations, including creating new matters in IP asset management systems and billing systems, coordinating execution of agreements, assisting outside counsel on obtaining and completing legal documents, secondee logistics, and conformance with IP Team policies and deliverable expectations
- Create internal docket reports and ensure data integrity in internal docketing and IP asset management systems
- Coordinate internal client operations with in-house attorneys, including meetings, IP training, maintaining and updating IP team's intranet pages, client request tracking, and scheduling
- Drive data collection and reporting across IP asset management and billing systems and for all online brand policing and marketplace enforcement, review incoming takedown requests and oversee vendor execution of takedown process
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a trademark paralegal, administrator, or equivalent experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal team
- General trademark experience, including clearance, prosecution, and enforcement experience, as well as knowledge of USPTO procedures and forms
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a law firm or corporation with responsibility for operations, including vendor management, process development, and budget tracking
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university (or equivalent experience and education)
- Proficiency in creating and managing records and data reporting in billing and asset management systems
- Proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets, including ability to create/edit formulas and pivot tables and create data driven graphs and charts
- Demonstrated aptitude for coordinating workflows across multiple internal and external organizations
- Experience with trademarks and patents
- Experience with Power BI or Tableau
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address challenges
- Excellent business judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for stakeholder service and helping clients and team members achieve their objectives
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and take ownership of projects from inception to completion
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber