Women's Safety and Inclusion Lead
Safety & Insurance at Uber is dedicated to keeping people safe on the road. The Safety & Insurance team sits at the core of Uber's business. We're working to redefine what safety on the road means on a global scale. In Safety Operations, we ensure our global rides and eats businesses operate with the highest possible safety standards
About the Role
As the Women's Safety & Inclusion Lead, you'll join Uber's global safety team and set the company's central strategy for creating and enhancing the overall safety experience for women and vulnerable populations across mobility and delivery. Reporting to the Head of Central Safety, this role will be the driving force behind the industry-leading safety programs, policies and customer support initiatives that help prevent safety incidents and improve Uber's response for vulnerable populations including women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ users, and people with disabilities. You will be a thought leader and key subject matter expert for prevention and response initiatives for incidents of sexual assault, racism, and other forms of discrimination.
You will partner directly with senior leadership across functions and geographies to implement and scale initiatives, align priorities with overall safety strategy, and partner with the product team to drive the women's safety product roadmap.
What You'll Do
- Define the global vision, direction, and high-level priorities for Women's Safety & Inclusion program and work in support of both the safety team and company's goals.
- Engage leaders across Uber to drive, improve, and evolve policies, processes, and products
- Provide subject matter expertise and drive innovation to inform the safety product roadmap, policies, programs, and protocols
- Lead and coordinate the development of policies and standards in the Women's Safety & Inclusion vertical, including how Uber categorizes and responds to reports of sexual assault, misconduct, discrimination, human trafficking, self-harm
- Partnering with the regional safety team members and cross-functionally to ensure that their needs are reflected in global plans and vice versa
- Provide guidance on complex, high-visibility cases and projects; adapting and realigning priorities in response to emergent crises.
- Develop innovative, evidence-based initiatives to prevent incidents
- Representing Women's Safety Program internally and externally at conferences, speaking events, and panel discussions as appropriate
- 7 years work experience in women's safety, gender-based violence prevention, women's empowerment, social justice, or racial justice
- Bachelor's degree
- Big-picture thinker, strategic leader, and strong executor who is also detail and data oriented
- Brings an intersectional lens and understands how overlapping identities impact people's perception and experience of safety
- Open to international travel (post-COVID)
- 8+ years of proven experience leading teams, preferably with international experience
- Experience collaborating with women's advocates, survivor organizations, and groups focused on empowering women in the US
- Has held leadership roles that require extensive collaboration with third-party partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to express complex issues using clear language and able to prioritize while managing multiple priorities.
- Outstanding ability to scope, design, prioritize, and execute cross-functional projects.
- Quantitative and qualitative data experience, including research findings, to support recommendations.
- Experience working with senior leaders and executives on high-impact projects and deliverables.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber