Global Strategy & Planning Manager, Uber for Business
What the Candidate will do
- Set Our Strategy: Work on a team that defines U4B's short and long term strategy. The team identifies trends and proposes specific actions to tap on opportunities and handle risks.
- Keep Us Accountable: Develop and coordinate the governance and accountability models for the leadership team to ensure that we are on track to achieve our goals and correct course as needed.
- Lead Projects and Programs: Be the glue that brings teams together to ensure critical initiatives reach our partners and customers. Be a hustling multi-tasker, driving cross-functional groups to decisions on strategically significant questions.
- Drive Comms: Ensure right messages, presentations, and forums to capture and cascade strategy and plans. This will include monthly business reviews, board presentations, and strategy documents.
- Fact Find and Uncover Insights: The team uses Uber's rich dataset and external data sources to improve our understanding of our customers and markets to find opportunities and risks that may have a significant impact on the business.
- Build Relationships: The nature of the team implies constant teamwork and interaction with cross-functional partners (e.g., Marketing, Finance, Product, Engineering) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
What the Candidate Will Need/ Bonus Points
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 8+ years experience in management consulting, organizational design, corporate strategy, or project management experience in a technology/media company
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- 4-6 years experience in management consulting, organizational design, corporate strategy, or project management experience in a technology/media company
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience in implementing strategic and large scale initiatives projects across matrixed organizations, in a change-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with with different team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business challenges
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be independent, multi-task, and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment; ability to work through uncertainty
- Analytical mindset and proficient with data analysis tools like SQL and Excel
- Creative problem solving, strong critical thinking, and a get things done mentality
- Hands-on and attentive to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Self-starter: You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Attention to detail: consistent with swift and high quality execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, think boldly and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber