Product Marketing Manager, Earner Safety
About the Role
At Uber, we 're committed to the safety of riders, earners and the communities we serve. As a product marketing manager focused on drivers and couriers, you'll help surface the unique voices of this audience across the globe in order to help build better experiences for them on our platform.
Working hand-in-hand with cross-functional partners across Policy, Communications, Product, Operations, and Marketing you'll have the opportunity to build, develop, and scale comprehensive marketing strategies that scale globally. You'll be empowered to champion, build, and manage critical initiatives that are core to specific local opportunities and needs.
What You'll Do
- Own audience insights - Synthesize consumer insights and industry perspectives on key aspects of driver/courier trust and safety; identify and prioritize safety needs of specific audience segments for trust and safety awareness campaigns.
- Help to craft the Safety Product team's roadmap, developing the positioning and messaging for new products geared towards drivers & couriers, building go-to-market strategies, and owning the success of all safety intelligence products and features.
- Drive marketing development - Oversee the creation of safety marketing awareness campaigns that span the globe, guiding the development of creative and engaging content that our consumers need and want. You will partner with a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Product Management, Marketing, Product Design, Data Science, Engineering, Research, Operations, and Comms to meet shared objectives and key results.
- Measure for impact - Working with product and marketing channels, test, iterate and measure impact campaigns have on awareness and adjust accordingly to optimize for results and critical metrics.
- Evangelize new ideas - Work with Product, PR, Policy and Ops teams to champion driver and courier safety marketing initiatives and partnerships. Lead effective conversations with cross-functional alignment to build support.
- Make a difference - Passion for crafting empathetic, inspiring and innovative marketing for social impact causes.
- At least 5 years of experience in consumer product marketing, ideally with experience in safety, trust, crisis response or social impact marketing.
- Penchant for data: You just go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions and drive growth.
- Outstanding at market research: You're a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers, and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your growth strategies.
- Master storyteller: You can craft a compelling narrative across different channels - you know how to match the message to the medium.
- A "builder" personality: You're biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Incredible at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can make the most complex products incredibly simple for consumers to understand. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy. You shine at copywriting.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- History of Success: A demonstrated history of quickly, yet strategically, making an impact via tailored marketing approaches and experience successfully launching products with compelling and strategic marketing campaigns.
- Excellent project management skills with a keen attention to detail.
- An awesome and optimistic attitude. We work hard, and have a blast doing it.
- Prior experience in safety, trust, crisis response or social impact marketing.
- Influential with great communication skills
- Experience in planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- MBA or Master's degree a plus
- Experience working in the prevention/education space a plus * International experience a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber