Sr Safety Operations Manager, UK&I
Safety & Insurance at Uber is dedicated to keeping people safe on the road. The Safety & Insurance team sits at the core of Uber's business. We're working to redefine what safety on the road means on a global scale. In Safety Operations, we ensure our global rides and eats businesses operate with the highest possible safety standards
About the Role
Uber's UKI Safety Operations Team is dedicated to reducing incidents and improving safety for all of our users. You'll work with operations, product, community support, policy and legal to ensure Uber is constantly raising the bar in safe transportation. Safety is at the core of the Uber experience, and you'll be a catalyst to the team's UKI, regional and global efforts and successes.
Central to improving safety is instilling a shared, collective commitment to incident prevention, and part of your role will be to help build this culture of safety in the UKI business. You will interpret safety data, recommend action, manage delivery of products and technological solutions and inform the integration of safety policies and standards. Above all, you will act as a safety champion in the UKI organisation, demonstrating a constant commitment to meeting targets for the reduction of safety incidents and working with partner teams to leverage further action.
What You'll Do:
- Raise the bar on safety for our riders and drivers, by bringing in new ideas and best practice from other similar industries with the aim of improving trust in Ubers commitment to safety
- Analyse trends in safety data and come up with solutions that reduce incidents through education and proactive processes
- Help launch new safety products in the UKI and contribute to product development requests
- Support our compliance to licensing regulations in the field of safety
- Help transform the internal safety culture within Uber, helping to ensure we put safety at the heart of all that we do.
- Oversee reporting & monitoring of safety incident rates and understanding the impact of interventions.
What You'll Need:
- At least 5 years experience of operations or project delivery for a service provider, tech company or Management Consultancy (operations, strategy or digital) with experience or a strong interest in developing a career in safety
- Track record of being a respected operational problem solver e.g. having delivered a variety of high-pressure, time limited and complex problems, ideally within a safety setting.
- A keen interest and experience in driving safety improvements and bringing in best practices from other industries to Ube
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Very strong communication (verbal & written) and organisation skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing complex projects involving the management of both external and internal cross-functional stakeholders
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly, coupled with resourcefulness and a go-getter attitude and forward-thinking mindset
Exceptional candidates will have:
Proficiency with appropriate internal and external data tools and languages to extract and model data (e.g. SQL, Excel)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber