Strategy & Planning Associate, Automation
About the Role
EMEA Delivery Community Operations (CommOps) is part of the Global Community Operations organization which provides premier customer support to all Uber customers and products.
The Automation Associate role is a new addition to the Strategy & Planning team within EMEA's Delivery CommOps organization. This role will be focused on developing and maintaining policy automations to drive efficiency and quality across customer support processes.
The Automation Associate should be a capable technologist (SQL-wiz, experience with scripting languages) while also maintaining a deep operational knowledge of Community Operations and the overall Delivery business. The Automation Associate will work in tandem with regional and central teams leading support for Uber Delivery customers (Eater, Delivery Partner, Merchants) to identify, develop, test, and scale new automations to improve customer experience and reduce support contacts.
They will partner with the EMEA Central Automation Program manager and Customer Obsession product team to drive roll-outs of new automations, track and optimize existing automations to ensure alignment with the EMEA CommOps Delivery priorities.
They will also partner with the EMEA Delivery Operations teams, and similar teams in other mega-regions to develop a Global, customer-centric, automation strategy.
What You'll Do
- Continuously find opportunities for automation, consolidate insights and build robust business cases for new automations including mapping existing agent support policies into automatable workflows
- Own relationship with Product Teams and ensure visibility of (and alignment with) the EMEA CommOps priorities
- Own relationships with EMEA Ops teams regarding support automation, source and validate their inputs, and ensure visibility of (and alignment with) the EMEA CommOps priorities
- Partner with Automation Program Manager to maintain existing automations, identify and prioritize improvement opportunities
- Help craft the long-term product roadmap to improve existing both automations and regional capabilities to develop new automations
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with a background in project management or operations
- Strong analytical skills (SQL is a must, experience with other scripting languages preferred)
- Familiarity with customer support automation (is a plus)
- Comfortable owning and balancing multiple projects or work streams at once
- Ability to synthesize information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Ability to navigate complexity and provide stakeholders with clear recommendations when decisions are needed or roadblocks are hit
- Ability to understand how your work fits into a layered/matrixed org (across different Uber businesses, across regions, at a global level)
- Highly detail-oriented
About the Team
The Strategy & Planning team is a central function within EMEA Delivery CommOps. The team's mandate is to manage Strategic Programs & Planning, Operational & Financial Performance, Strategic Analytics & Insights, Team Governance. We partner closely with the EMEA CommOps and Ops Leadership, CommOps program teams, Global CommOps, and the Customer Obsession product team to drive EMEA Delivery strategy to success.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber