Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
About the Role
The Merchant Order Experience team is responsible for getting orders to our merchants on the Uber Eats platform, and making sure they can fulfill them successfully. We maintain the applications used in-store to process orders, as well as a suite of public APIs which can be used by merchant partners to integrate Uber Eats orders into their workflow. We're responsible for distributing millions of orders every day for hundreds of thousands of merchants, helping them all to grow their business online. We're also responsible for merchant reliability - letting stores know when we're having trouble sending them orders or other issues arise.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Re-build our APIs used for order processing on Uber Eats, both for our own internal applications and third-party users, from the ground up
- Build new integrations with merchants that impact the critical order flow, across the domains of pricing, catalog inventory and more
- Design tools to monitor merchant performance and automatically take actions using a rules-based decision engine
- Collaborate with product, design and other engineering teams to unlock new capabilities for our merchants
- 5+ years professional experience in software engineering at scale
- Solid understanding of software design principles, for systems and APIs alike
- Proven ability to design, build and maintain complex systems that address real business needs
- Experience designing expressive and logical public APIs, to be consumed by third-party developers
- Understanding of principles of distributed system design, and applying it to create reliable and performant systems
- Familiarity with the Go programming language is a plus, but we can help you learn it
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber