UX Researcher - Inclusive Design
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the Role
Uber is building an Inclusive Design team and practice. Inclusive Design's goal is to provide equitable experiences for everyone Uber serves. Help us cultivate and grow this practice, bringing underinvested communities to the forefront of Design at Uber!
As an Inclusive Researcher, you'll work across products and fields and closely with partners to build accessible and inclusive experiences for all of Uber's users. You'll work to understand existing and potential problems that center the goals, needs, and perspectives of underinvested communities. You'll help teams form a shared understanding around aspects of how research impacts accessibility and inclusion--delivering on the Inclusive Design component of the 14 anti-racism commitments we've made.
You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we are embarking on this product area for the first time, as the company continues to rapidly innovate and usher in an era where Uber enables you to go anywhere and get anything. We need your skills and passion to make it happen!
What You'll Do
- Research and collaborate with underinvested communities to ensure their goals, needs, and perspectives are centered in your work
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet accessibility and inclusion needs by delivering high-quality insights
- Contribute to learning materials, resources, and workshops on how to successfully research and collaborate with and for underinvested communities
- Collaborate with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure your research provide a holistic view of our users
- Communicate the strategy and reasoning behind all research studies and insights through rich storytelling
- Contribute to establishing the Inclusive Design team at Uber and cultivate an internal culture
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skill and efficiency as a researcher.
- A beginner's mind. Humility, willingness to ask for help, and an eagerness to learn and grow. You approach everything with curiosity and are willing to change your mind when presented with new information.
- Impact driven. You are focused on the outcomes and impact for all users, not just the few. You are collaborative and are able to work across teams and with partners.
- Previous experience conducting global, culturally aware research and working on complex experiences with global impact and real-world implications
- Experience advocating for inclusion and accessibility
- Experience with research and tools/software that support accessibility and people with disabilities
- A track record of conducting innovative, mixed methods research studies that improve the quality of existing and new experiences
- Experience driving programs of research that fundamentally change design, product, and business priorities
- Previous experience identifying, onboarding, and leading external research, translation, transcription, and tools vendors
- Ability to think beyond the digital screen and conduct research about human emotions and interactions in the physical world
- Ability to nurture positive relationships even through difficult projects and subject matter
- Ability to travel within the United States and abroad
- Demonstrated passion for creating more inclusive spaces and experiences
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber