Senior Product Manager - Uber Direct
About the Team
As International Expansion Product Manager for Uber Direct, you will be building one of Uber's fastest growing independent lines of business: "delivery as a service" that provides merchants around the world with access to Uber's best in class logistics network so they can offer instant local delivery to their customers. As an example, sweetgreen, the fast casual salad chain in the US, currently uses Uber Direct to power orders that originate on their mobile app or website. And it's not just for the big brands. A small cake shop can leverage Uber Direct during COVID to deliver quarantine cakes to their customers too.
Uber Direct currently sits at the intersection of many teams at Uber including Uber Rides, Uber Eats, Uber for Business (U4B) and Uber Freight. You will be responsible for product vision and strategic decisions that impact multiple lines of business and will require a deep understanding of each team's technology visions, user requirements and business priorities. The role will also be cross-cutting across all sides of the Uber marketplace (merchant, courier, marketplace and the end customer, whether business or consumer).
About the Role
As the lead for Uber Direct International Expansion, you will be responsible for everything required to ensure that we are able to scale Uber Direct to every market including ensuring we support the right delivery business models and money flows for happy path orders and when things go wrong and supporting specific local requirements such as cash payments in markets such as Latam. You will work with a broad set of global cross-functional stakeholders across business development, sales, operations, data science, design, engineering and more.
What You'll Do
The Uber Direct world is vast and we are only just getting started. This is a representative sampling of the areas you might be tackling on the team:
- Empower anybody from consumers to the largest enterprise merchants to create and complete Uber Direct trip in any country Uber operates in across the world
- Create a best-in-class product in all markets including adapting the product to local nuances such as support cash payments which is critical in markets such as Latam
- Build the necessary money flows to support the business models and payment relationships across Uber Direct customers, couriers and Uber
- Support merchants when things go wrong including creating the right support logic to make things right
- Enable the global expansion of Uber Direct including factoring in local nuances such as vehicle supply types (e.g., some markets are two-wheel supply heavy) and regulatory requirements and delivery distances in different cities and markets
- Create a sustainable and differentiated end customer offering that makes delivery powered by Uber a ubiquitous product anyone can access when shopping on their favorite sites
- 5+ years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them
- Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every single part of the food-making process
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Experience building products from 0-1
- Owning and leading strategy for line of business
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber