Field Team | Community Operations Area Manager (In-Person Sales/Support)
About the Role
Drivers on the Uber platform are our most significant customers, and we're building an outstanding experience for them in our cities. Greenlight locations help new Earners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the Earner community. Our locations are a one-stop-shop for Earners to get activated, receive support, and learn more about Uber.
Our Greenlight Manager leads the strategic vision and financial performance of a Greenlight support center. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of Greenlight Team Leads and Greenlight Experts to provide the best possible customer support for new and existing Uber Earners. Your team will go far beyond solving issues; they will identify root causes, call out pervasive problems, develop vendor relationships, be responsible for the launch of new locations, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the Earner experience.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber to our Earner, and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the driver community.
You will work together with the city operations teams to make sure your Greenlight Hubs are meeting their market's needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, driver engagement, and any other local events or needs.
What You'll Do
- Lead the success metrics for profitability, operational efficiency, and customer satisfication scores
- Lead the budget for the Greenlight locations in your territory
- Strengthen performance through process development and innovation
- Hire, train, and lead a team of Uber Experts and Team Leads
- Collect, analyze, and report on Greenlight performance data
- Make our Greenlights great places to work by developing employee engagement action plans
- Collaborate with City-Ops and CommOps teams to ensure your Greenlight Hub offers our Earners the best possible experience each and every time they walk in the door
- Foster the global Uber brand and augment it with local details.
- Lead the P&L of your Greenlight Hub and own delivering financial results.
- Minimum three years in customer service or relevant background
- Minimum one year of team management experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- You're experienced in SQL and Excel, or another data management resource
- Experience handling a P&L and/or budgets
- You have previous customer support team management experience
- Experience leading a team of more than 4 people
- You're highly motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team of users; you enjoy grinding away at issues.
- You're word-savvy and an excellent communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike a detailed tone, whether you're responding to inquiries or explaining a new policy.
- You stay poised and calm under pressure. You follow through on tasks and view challenges as opportunities.
- You're process-driven. You have outstanding interpersonal skills, and constantly look to keep improving systems.
- You are open and curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and supervising the results.
- You're a self-starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber with minimal oversight.
- You're an analytical problem-solver. You quickly identify key metrics of success, digest sophisticated data sets, and build data-driven action plans to respond to market conditions.
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $81,000 per year - $90,000 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber