Software Engineer II (Android), Customer Obsession
About the Role
- Provide defect free customer experiences for all Uber products and services.
- Drive extensive automation for a majority of customer issues to reduce the cost of providing support.
- Drive proactive resolution of customer issues when possible even before the customer reports the issue
- Drive the best in-class customer experiences
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness for all agent interactions.
- Drive easy onboarding for LOBs, and businesses as they become part of Uber or are coordinated with Uber. This will allow Uber to truly expand its reach as a platform with end to end capabilities).
- Drive defect reduction by providing voice of customer insights to product teams and launching joint solutions to improve the customer experience
What You'll Do
- Design & Engineer our latest product solutions and platforms from inception through to delivery at Uber scale.
- Your ideas get to craft the direction and strategy in solving some of Uber's hardest problems, you'll have a key seat at the table in how we turn ideas into magnificent solutions for our customers.
- Work through multi-functional partners across Uber teams to drive consensus and ship your features.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with peers including Engineering, Product, Operations and Business partners
What you'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience w/ Android development, either Kotlin and/or Java
- 2+ years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
- Strong problem-solving and architectural design skills
- Previously worked on mobile apps that scale to millions of users.
- Proven experience working on consumer-facing products
- Proven experience with driving cross-team and multi-functional teamworks
About The Team
The Customer Obsession Platform is the customer care platform for Uber. We handle customer requests for support through either the web (help.uber.com), through the in-app help center, phone, Whatsapp and email as well as in person support. The platform provides the ability to build automated experiences across all these channels. When unable to automate the request, it routes contacts to an agent and the extensible agent platform that provides agents the tools to tackle customer issues.. The platform capabilities can also be extended "beyond support" to drive growth by identifying and resolving failure points in the customer journey from onboarding to churn prevention.
Our customers include:
- End users such as Riders, Driver partners, Eaters, Couriers, Restaurants, Freight carriers and shippers.
- Uber's customer service agents, and their managers
- Product owners/managers across various Uber businesses that plan customer support and engagement experiences for their respective products.
- Engineers at Uber that build automation workflows, and author actions and widgets for agents to support their LOB.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber