Head of Strategy & Planning, Community Operations APAC
About Community Operations
Community Operations is the organization having the most frequent and meaningful interactions with Uber's customers - earners, spenders and merchants - throughout their lifetime. Our mission is to develop a world-class support organization that scales effectively, is reliable and consistent, and provides unmatched service to our Uber community.
About the Role
Strategy & Planning Lead drives impact by leading the strategic planning process to define strategy and priorities for CommOps (Community Operations) across APAC, fostering a healthy organizational structure and ways of working, creating and monitoring an efficient PMO process, generating our communication and people engagement strategies, and ensuring that the leadership team is effectively making decisions around the most important business challenges.
This role will build deep relationships at all levels of the organization and influence key stakeholders in order to effectively set & align strategic priorities across our matrix organization, to quickly solve ambiguous problems with no clear ownership or process, and to cross-pollinate insights & best practices from one team with another. S/he will drive decisions, agreement, and oversee implementation. Her/his success is measured by the overall business results, alignment between teams, and the efficiency of the leadership team in overcoming obstacles that arise.
What You'll Do
Lead Strategy & Planning for CommOps APAC:
- Lead (and continue to improve) the strategic planning process to define the strategy and priorities for CommOps APAC, and ensure alignment between global, regional, local and cross-functional teams
- Develop and coordinate the governance & accountability models for the leadership team to ensure that we are on track to achieve our goals. This includes leading and coordinating quarterly strategy summits and the monthly business reviews (internal reviews, Delivery, Mobility, Global CommOps)
- Build strong relationships with program, enablement and production teams in order to propose solutions that work for all teams. Continuously solicit feedback and make improvements to planning and governance processes
- Drive strategic, financial and operational planning across Uber Business Units - Rides & Eats- and channels. Steer operations at scale, identifying strategic opportunities, navigating complexity and anticipating risks in operations.
Drive the Governance Processes:
- Lead the PMO process by defining CommOps APAC mandated and strategic portfolio (as part of the strategic planning process), running the resourcing planning exercise, defining and implementing the right project management tools, establishing the processes to recurrently monitor the strategic portfolio to guarantee the financial and customer experience goals are achieved.
- Set and implement the communication and employee engagement strategy and tools to improve employee satisfaction and manager qualities/perception of the teams.
- Own the leadership team's agenda including offsites and biweekly meetings. Ensure that the most important topics in the region are brought to the table, drive decision making, and when applicable lead or support implementation.
Safeguard and Evolve the New Way of Working:
- Ensure that the organization has clear roles and responsibilities by team in order to prevent duplication of work and to ensure accountability for results and efficient decision making.
- Design, lead the implementation, and be the sponsor of the new way of working to keep improving the cross-functional collaboration across the teams, work towards shared-goals, and become more agile and flexible in the way we assign resources and prioritize projects.
- Collaborate closely with HR and leadership during org changes. Lead or support change management, comms, and follow-up as required.
- Manage the headcount backfill request process to ensure the same principles are applied fairly across all teams.
- Ensure that the relevant information flows to cross functional teams to guarantee alignment and expected outcomes
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 10 years of management consulting or related experience, or demonstrated ability to drive end-to-end projects from ideation to implementation
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex stakeholder structure
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills ability to reduce complex and complicated information into clear recommendations to senior leadership
- Track record of driving strategic insights and tying strategy work to specific business goals; experience with competitive strategy a plus
- Data-driven decision mentality, sound business judgment, and strong analytical thinking
- Absolute team player and ability to bring clarity of thought in situations where opinions may vary widely
- Strong people management skills--driving business results while also being an empathetic leader; EQ is a must-have
- Disciplined organizational skills; you'll need to prioritize and manage many ongoing processes and projects simultaneously
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber