Project Manager, Risk and Compliance - EMEA CommOps
At Uber, providing world-class customer support is a core feature of our product experience.
In the Central Safety, Risk and Compliance (SRC) team in Community operations (CommOps), we build trust with customers and enable business growth for Uber, by delivering a compliant platform and the best-in-class safety and risk support in EMEA.
We're seeking a Project mgr, Risk and Compliance to drive continuous improvement of operations and customer experience. You will have the chance to work on multiple projects and topics in the Risk and Compliance domain (across mobility and delivery businesses), including:
- Risk support: provide customer support for users suffering from risk/fraud issues (e.g., account takeovers, account bans) and funneling customer insights to Uber teams
- Compliance: Enable business growth with accurate, fast and efficient verification of eligibility to the platform for every user or vehicle
You'll partner with a variety of functional stakeholders and combine analytical rigor and thought leadership to drive improvements in operations and product/tool feature roll out, etc. You are thorough in all you do, and see every process and product roll-out in a user-friendly, efficient, and compliant way.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own certain Risk and Compliance processes design, optimisation and operationalisation; establish sustainable program management structure and drive for excellent delivery results
- Execution for a wide range of projects, ranging from product/tool rollout, policy/process update, to support channel strategy revamp
- Drive improvements in cost / quality while maintaining a relentless focus on customer experience
- Proactively develop new KPIs/metrics to identify trends, generate data and insights to add value to the entire team
- Maintain a proactive approach toward identifying and mitigating risk
- Establish expertise, credibility, and a reputation for reliability with cross functional stakeholders
- Influence stakeholders to close gaps in existing processes and policies frameworks and develop scalable solutions to prevent issues moving forward
- Depending on the business and organisation evolvement, you may focus on one of the programs in Risk and Compliance or flex across programs
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: large scale operations, analytics, project management
- The ability to work with ambiguity and lead innovative solutions and optimisations in the space
- A structured thinker with great analytical skills, who can see around corners, predict possible roadblocks and adapt quickly to changes in policy, process and business priorities with demonstrated project management experience
- A strong communicator who can use data and insights to tell compelling stories about our riders and partners in order to drive the initiatives that will help redefine Community Operations across EMEA
- Above all else, a problem-solver and collaborator who is incredibly passionate about improving the support experience of the Uber community
- Comfortable working in a geographically distributed and cross-functional, multinational environment
- Experience in customer support, especially platform access/verification, fraud/regulation related support topics is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber