Program Manager, Employee Experience
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Human Resources and Employee Relations teams partner with the business to align people strategies with business goals.
About the Team
The Employee Experience team cares deeply about creating the most meaningful and effective experiences for our employees. Our aim is to enhance the quality of life at Uber. We work collaboratively across the entire People & Places (P&P) Team to establish thoughtful workplace practices designed around the needs of our people. We are a team who believes in the power of design thinking and a consumer-centric approach to solving People problems.
About the Role
As an Employee Experience Program Manager, you will play an integral role in bringing our newly formed Employee Experience Vision to life! You will use your creativity to develop and implement strategies to organize, coordinate, and enable our P&P Team. Your organizational skills will be essential towards owning and managing critical Employee Experience programs. Developing deep relationships across multiple functions, you will inspire and facilitate movement towards our goals.
What You'll Do
- Bring creative thinking to iterate, build on, and innovate new ways of engaging our partners to collectively bring Uber's EX Vision to life
- Lead cross-functional EX forums that allow P&P to see and harmoniously manage the holistic employee experience we are creating together
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging teams to build on each other's ideas and celebrate lessons learned from mistakes
- Enable others by partnering with experts to build and manage a collection of tools, trainings, and resources that will boost EX design capabilities across P&P
- Build change management practices, organizational alignment, and accountability for the employee experiences we create together
- Provide program management support for various cross-functional programs, influencing for consensus where needed, clearing roadblocks, and making success predictable. Be the glue that brings teams together to ensure key strategic initiatives are successful.
- Minimum 6+ years of prior experience in project / program management or related experience in HR
- Strong program management skills with superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Advanced written, verbal, and visual communication skills - you have the proven track record to influence and drive consensus with varying audiences and levels of an organization
- Ability to traverse the organization, building healthy relationships regardless of role or level.
- Strong communicator who can steer collaborative decisions and partnership across all areas of the business.
- Ability to leverage systems thinking and design thinking to solve user problems
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous environments
- Strategic mindset - you're comfortable thinking one week, one month, or one year ahead of where the team is now
- Self-starter attitude - you boldly pursue your work and love the responsibility of being personally empowered
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber