Sr. Security Technologist - Security Guidance Team
About the Role
Are you interested in tackling security at scale? Solving unique and challenging security problems? Our team works on every major project at Uber and provides security engineering and guidance to our internal customers. The security guidance team is chartered to build security into the DNA of Uber. We are engineers, pentesters, and security experts who work on major projects across all of Uber. Our team performs risk assessments, threat models, penetration tests and we develop systems and platforms to scale security across Uber's product engineering teams.
What You'll Do
- Run and complete threat models, risk assessments, and design reviews with the goal of reducing risk across all development teams at Uber
- Perform gap analysis in Uber defense to help build out a strong infrastructure
- Deliver on solutions that few others can, either by your own heavy lifting or the ability to orchestrate large group efforts
- Solve complex security problems in pragmatic ways, drastically reducing risk while limiting the business impact
- Improve the definition of best practices and architecture with deep domain knowledge
- Create plans to build effective solutions to problems that are barely on the horizon
- Create alignment and improved collaboration within and outside security organizations
- Build, improve, and grow an organization's culture in a positive way
- Work at the architecture level as well in the deep implementation details for security solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C++, C#, Python)
- Industry experience with security fundamentals include common authentication protocols (Kerberos, Oauth, challenge response etc), access control, data protection, privacy, cryptography etc.
- Strong application security knowledge
- Previous experience performing security assessments and threat modeling
- Strong understanding of the security development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Fast learner and the ability to learn new software languages
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years of penetration testing experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber