Senior Operations Manager
About the Role
Senior Operations Manager drives our vision, strategy and execution for our Rides operations across Turkey. This is an outstanding opportunity to have an impact on your country through the growth and optimization of the expansion activities on Uber's platform.
This role will involve teamwork across product, cities, finance, marketing, tax, legal and customer support.
We are looking for a combination of execution, soft skills and analytical ability: An outstanding team, partner, and project manager with an intimate understanding of the marketplace and its interactions with all aspects of our business, and able to coordinate across all these groups to deliver a successful country strategy and execution plan. The ideal candidate also possesses superb managerial skills and is able to operationalise cross-functional initiatives, and excellent mentoring and development skills, and ultimately understands the business very well and is able to provide guidance on the best path forward in many tactical situations.
What You'll Do
- Set the vision, strategy, execution for measuring, monitoring and improving business performance
- Identify business opportunities and challenges and coordinate actioning
- Work with functional owners and leads to help address transversal challenges
- Help problem-solve complex issues, e.g. driver segmentation, incentive allocation and execution, root cause diagnosis, product portfolio optimization
- Act as a thought partner for Turkey and other regional teams across EMEA
- Ability to operate in complex mature organizations and influence decisions by garnering alignment
What You'll Need
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in consulting, operations, product, marketing (analytical), strategy or project management
- Strong undergraduate degree, preferably in Engineering / Mathematics / Computer Science / Economics / Business. MBA is a plus
- Stellar project management skills. You have proven hardworking ability to lead initiatives at your organization
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking and experimentation
- Strategic & operational problem solving and creativity - you will craft solutions that scale to multiple markets
- Proven communication and partner engagement skills - you are able to rally people behind a common goal and easily generate buy-in if you're facing push back
- You are comfortable taking care of uncertainty in a constantly-changing work environment
- Strong understanding of mathematics, statistics, modelling, forecasting
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber