Creative Resourcing & Planning Lead
About the Role
At Uber, the Creative Resourcing & Planning Lead will define, implement and maintain a consistent, effective resourcing model. You will be responsible for increasing efficiency across the creative, marketing, and production teams through effective management of staff resourcing for both high volume freelance as well as internal and agency partners. This person will fill an essential role in daily team operations through oversight of staff aggregate bandwidth, utilization and realization rates for our creative, marketing, and production services teams, as well as other roles as needed across various offices globally. They will play a key role in identifying the right mix of resources, working closely with creative leadership and consistently balancing creative impact and cost effectiveness.
In this role, you will take in resource requests from marketing leads, program managers, producers, CDs, senior designers, etc. and you will work within tools to forecast, assess, and assign the work to the right creative team member (copywriters, designers, animators). There could be around 30 projects during normal times and as many as 100 during busier times.
What You'll Do
- Liaise with group leads, producers and creative dept heads on a weekly basis to understand, communicate and manage overarching team resource needs
- Collaborate with marketing leads and program managers on a daily and weekly basis for intra-group resource sharing; make recommendations based on clear knowledge & understanding of group member skill sets across creative and creative production teams.
- Monitor group bandwidth and maximize utilization across team resources - both under and over.
- Work closely with creative and production hiring managers and operations to obtain finance approvals for open roles, as well as extensions and termination.
- Oversee and assist freelance staff on an ongoing basis.
- Address and respond to all resource requests regarding status, availability, start dates, term dates, and "holds".
- Identify when internal resources are not available to fit talent needs and prepare staff or freelance request paperwork (when applicable) for submission.
- Dive deep into planning, working with new and existing tools to monitor and track resources across the office, analyze and identify bottlenecks, and help to map new ways of working.
- Assist producers and creatives to recruit the right talent both locally and globally.
- Whilst the production and creative team focuses on the day-to-day, you look ahead and prepare the operation for growth.
- Help nurture a positive environment.
- Partner with business leads to build staffing plans - providing time and costs associated with executing project scopes
- Keep resourcing and individual assignments up to date and transparent to all partners
- Build quality freelance pools needed to augment teams across multiple roles/departments
- 7+ years of experience
- 2+ years of resourcing experience in creative/production/marketing/advertising type environments
- 2+ years of traffic or creative operations in related industry
- Basic knowledge of fields within a studio environment (Production, Editing, Sound, Retouching, Art Direction)
- Background supporting teams in Program Management, Project Management, Production or Operations.
- Deep understanding of creative workflow and creative skill sets
- Ability to discern strengths, weaknesses, quirks and how to match skill sets and styles with the right projects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity to problem-solve creative approaches
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact tactfully and efficiently with all levels of team members
- Ability to work collaboratively to develop staffing solutions
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented
- Self-motivated; organized with excellent follow through
- Enjoys creative problem solving and you thrive when given challenges.
- An independent and ambitious individual who's also fast and focused.
- Experienced at interrogating marketing briefs, identifying gaps and driving toward consensus quickly
- Comfortable working with marketing and creative leadership
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber