Learning and Development, Claims - Training and Curriculum Design
About the Role
We're looking for a hands-on L&D generalist - a true all-rounder - who will lead end-to-end projects across the full L&D life-cycle, as well handle a portfolio of partners and curricula for Uber's platforms and processes. This role will ensure that all learning solutions are designed and delivered according to best-practice processes and methods and always in alignment with our unique operating model. With the NorthAm and Global Claims Team relying on L&D to equip them with the knowledge and know-how to help our customers, it's imperative that our L&D tools, content, and deployment channels are efficient, effective, and in-sync with business operations.
The focus of this role will continuously shift to support emerging business priorities and help solve problems where no solution may currently exist. In this role you will oversee and be tasked with facilitating training and creating curriculum for multiple learning environments, and parts of the Uber business.
This multifaceted role requires strong program management and people leadership skills, creativity and expertise in adult learning, storytelling, and UX learning design to support the organization in results improvement and change management.
What You'll Do
- The design strategy and resources are key to supporting the Claim business and driving efficient and effective learning solutions.
- You will be tasked with leading and creating all standard processes for training design and ensuring continued alignment amongst our organization.
- Build and leverage solid tools and methods to identify, engage, and manage stakeholders.
- Use honed consulting skills and processes to diagnose and understand capability gaps within the business.
- Consults with business and understands the learning need (does a thorough analysis) and craft an appropriate solution
- Provides visionary leadership to design, iterate, and curate learning solutions across a range of formats (e.g. social learning, on-the-job learning, e-learning, virtual instructor lead).
- Apply strong project management discipline to develop high-impact, tailored solutions, with robust communications and change management plans that can scale quickly.
- Develop an evaluation strategy and approach for each learning program to provide timely, meaningful, and accurate reporting on learning effectiveness and business performance.
- Monitor and report on the impact of L&D across the business, and design continuous learning interventions to address gaps and challenges.
- Raise the bar on best practice and set the pace for experimentation and innovation.
- Available for business travel as needed
- Degree qualified in Learning design, Education or other relevant fields (Masters preferred, Bachelors minimum)
- Minimum 5 year experience in L&D
- Minimum 7 years experience in the P&C or Commercial insurance claims
- Proven project management skills with outstanding organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong written, verbal, and visual interpersonal skills, and validated ability to influence and drive consensus
- Strategic thinking and ability to bring stakeholders functions together
- Successful track record of delivering large-scale learning programs and initiatives across multiple functions, and operating with ambiguity
- Understanding and experience in using metrics and learning evaluation tools to drive key decisions and processes
- Expertise in Adult Learning Theory and instructional design principles
- Experience working in an agile (SAM) and/or waterfall (ADDIE) design environment.
- Experience working with learning authoring tools and LMS (Storyline 360, Articulate, Absorb, and equivalent tools).
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber