Uber's HR Specialist team works to ensure that our global employee population has the support they need through the employee lifecycle. We're the center-point between the different functional areas, the jack-of-all-trades who know the answers to employee questions, and if not, how to connect people who do. Based around the world, we are the front-face of HR to Uber's employees and work closely with the HRBPs to provide support to all functional areas. Additionally, the HR Specialists align with HR initiatives and projects, thinking globally and acting locally to ensure employees across Uber can focus on the work they were hired to do.
About the Role:
We're looking for a HR Specialist to provide support to our employee population in the US - someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing Uber family. The HR Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting employees and leaders in the various businesses we operate in. You will partner with HRBP(s) on various stages of the employee lifecycle from talent management, performance management, onboarding/offboarding, and business driven initiatives. In addition, you will be responsible for executing complex regional projects.
The ideal candidate is driven by data, organized, and passionate about continually maturing processes and improving the Uber employee experience. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt as new priorities come up. Outstanding communication skills, time management, and attention to detail are key attributes in this role.
What You'll Do:
- Provide support to employees and leaders in the business: coaching on performance management, accommodations, policies, and other HR-related topics
- Analyze data from various daily activities and projects to identify patterns and trends that can help create/ improve processes or identify areas of concern
- Partner with your cross functional teams on larger projects and org changes
- Identify and execute on continuous improvement of HR programs and processes to enhance the overall employee and manager experience
- Provide support to the various functions areas during the performance review lifecycle by contributing to the talent reviews, talent assessment, and follow-ups
- Own and strengthen key partnerships on behalf of the team (with other People COEs: Benefits, ER, People Operations, People Systems, Analytics, HRBPs)
- Facilitate the adoption and bettering of HR programs, policies, and processes to improve our overall employee and manager experience
- Complete processes and project work to maintain compliance in your region or function
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in HR generalist/ specialist field at a similar size, scale and speed of Uber
- Experience with coaching line managers & peers on HR processes and supporting them in strengthening their leadership skills
- Proven capability of providing employee and manager HR consultations
- Experience with driving positive solutions to advanced employee complaints and discrimination charges
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve sophisticated and sensitive HR issues/problems
- Proven effective partner management and collaboration with other teams to deliver a consistent employee experience
- Exposure to employee relations and understanding of the investigation process
- Workday experience and/or experience using JIRA is a plus
- Knowledge of employment law preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber