City Manager, Paris - Uber Eats
About the Role
At Uber Eats, Territory teams are the heart and soul of the company. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to their market to make it successful. In this context, as a City Manager, you will be in charge of shaping and leading Uber Eats in a delimited territory of Paris and the suburbs, delivering an amazing service to our users while building a financially sustainable business
This role calls for creative problem-solving, advanced analytics, critical thinking, a desire for execution and outstanding relationship building to partner with cross functional teams.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Strategy: Lead your market by defining business priorities, set results-oriented timelines to reach those goals and take financial decisions
- Sales: Your primary focus will be to bring on new major restaurant chain brands through using your specialist prospecting, relationship building and negotiation skills to build win-win partnerships
- Local Courier and Restaurant Partners Relations: Grow number of partners on the platform, handle partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Lead a local team: we have local teams on the ground that will help run the business. That's why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders: developing these teams while shaping the organisation is vital to our long term success.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to implement new processes and products in cities, that allow us to move fast and do things at large scale
What the Candidate Will Need
- At least 3 years experience in operations management, management consulting, investment banking, strategy work in a large business or growing a startup.
- Willingness to own a market and grow the Uber Eats business there.
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment
- Willingness to be proactive and in contact with our courier and restaurant partners.
- Hands-on and eagerness to implement operational schemes in your own city portfolio
- A creative mindset and enjoy putting in place initiatives to solve practical issues
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking (Excellent command of Excel)
- Fluency in French is required
- Exceptional command of SQL and strong analytical capabilities
- Experience in managing a junior yet strongly motivated team
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber