Associate Sales Manager, Uber Direct - Taiwan
About the Role
Uber Eats Taiwan has been a successful market for our global business. The New Verticals team is responsible for Uber Eats' new products and categories including grocery, convenience, alcohol, and other multifaceted commercial business lines.
This creative, forward-thinking and robust team is tasked with building a sustainable high growth business as we expand from restaurants to other high growth verticals. With the launch of Uber Direct we want to bring the right level of support to existing grocery partners and potential Direct partners.
The role involves closing new Direct partners and building long-term relationships with them. The role demands a unique combination of sales prowess, rapport building chops and creativity. This is an intense startup-within-a-much-larger-startup role, and this person will work across multiple disciplines to provide critical support on key sales and marketing initiatives that allow us to scale. The role leads the sales team to grow Direct business.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team to grow Direct business
- Negotiation and Deal Making: Lead contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our grocery partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Acquire new key accounts
- Facilitate sales to acquire other accounts
- Handle existing accounts and grow Direct revenue
- Sales / Grocery partners Sourcing: Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to get the city's best grocery & convenience stores interested in Uber EATS. You'll spend a good portion of each day reaching out to them over the phone and via email, being the face of our brand to grocery partners
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, etc. in such a way that they fuel, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth.
What You'll Need
- Minimal 7 years work experience with at least 1 year of leadership experience
- Experience in sourcing, negotiating and driving contracts to closure
- Ability to take initiatives and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment
- Desire to work with top grocery partners and building a business together
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate recommendations and effectively champion customer needs
- Depth enterprise sales experience
- Experience in grocery or FMCG market or eCommerce
- Experience in logistics territory
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber