About the Role
Uber is on the lookout for top-notch engineers who are looking to unleash the next wave of growth at Uber by multiplying the developer productivity. This role involves designing, developing and scaling a robust platform and tools to solve Uber's unique build, code and dependency management challenges. You will help delight our engineering teams, and enable the whole engineering organization to iterate rapidly.
We create and contribution to open source software and collaborate with other industry leading tech companies with the belief that every developer should be productive.
Developer Tooling is pushing the boundary of what's possible to make engineers forget about infrastructure and focus on creating incredible solutions for our customers.
Developer Tooling consists of several key areas:
- Developer Tools
- Build Systems
- Dependency and Artifact Management systems
Next gen development environment
If you enjoy enabling other engineers to be productive, discussing anything from developer tools to kernels, and you measure the success of your projects in "nines", we would like to talk to you.
What You'll Do
- Partner with fellow engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Uber's distributed code hosting platform
- Provide initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Uber's engineering processes.
- Deliver and review technical design, code and documentation.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- Manage upstream and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, gather requirements and enable successful adoption of development tools and best practices.
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates.
- BS, MS or PhD degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent coding abilities
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- Experience in developing of infrastructure tooling
- Building/designing IDEs
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber